REACH - Sexual Violence Services Advocate
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
IF YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO IS HARD WORKING, CARING, AND WANTING TO SERVE OTHERS THEN THIS AGENCY IS LOOKING FOR YOU!!
THINGS TO EXPECT AS A SEXUAL VIOLENCE SERVICES ADVOCATE:
· You will be helping our clients in need by answering and responding to the calls coming to our REACH hotline.
· You will be providing mobile advocacy to Sexual Violence clients through crisis intervention, personal advocacy, understanding the impact of trauma, recognizing triggers and strengths, and develop healthy coping skills and emotional safety planning.
· You will be providing various community resources that can assist our clients further with resources beyond our services.
· You will learn how to Develop and maintain client files to our program requirements.
· You will have the flexibility to coordinate and facilitate support groups for our survivors and secondary survivors.
· You will have the opportunity to participate and facilitate trainings on sexual violence, its root causes, victimization types and service provisions.
· You will also be able to conduct community outreach to the community to educate the community on the dynamics and impact of sexual violence in the effort to reach out to current victims and show them a place to turn to.
· You will also learn how to maintain statistical data for reporting purposes to ensure data is properly entered into our database.
MORE ABOUT US:
We are looking for dedicated individuals who work well in a team dedicated to helping others in the community to make a difference and change lives. This work consists of helping others who are going through a rough patch get back on their feet by providing them with resources and tools they can use once they leave the shelter environment. If this sounds like an opportunity that fits your next career path, then we encourage you to apply.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm
· High School Diploma or GED, required.
· Associate degree is a plus but not required.
· Bachelor’s degree in related area (Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Women’s Studies, Justice Studies, Counseling, Family Studies, Criminal Justice, Pre-Law, etc.., preferred but not required.
· Knowledge of dynamics of sexual violence preferred
· 6-months work experience in the field of social services, preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of dynamics of trauma, sexual and domestic violence, and social services.
· Effective interviewing and crisis counseling skills
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA