Philanthropy - Communication & Content Specialist
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
IF YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO IS HARD WORKING, CARING, AND WANTING TO SERVE OTHERS THEN THIS AGENCY IS LOOKING FOR YOU!!
THINGS TO EXPECT AS A COMMUNICATION AND CONTENT SPECIALIST:
- Work with management to plan, write and implement content components to fulfill our annual donor communications, website, and social media strategies.
- Coordinate content development with internal and external visual design partners and vendors.
- Assume responsibility for the final edits on all communication media.
- Provide writing and editing skills to support our overall organizational needs such as speech writing, press releases, interviews, and event content.
- Edit, and update website pages using WordPress.
- Collaborate with marketing team to identify readership patterns and other performance metrics.
- Work with management to develop techniques to engage the digital audience to increase interaction and connection.
- Work with management to maintain a communication calendar and to set help set content priorities.
- Work with Communications team to create storyboards and scripts in advance of a video shoots.
- Work collaboratively and provide direction to volunteers and interns as needed.
- Maintain our digital collateral library in an organized, user-friendly manner. Monitor access to library and content usage.
- Drive personal vehicle to conduct program business.
MORE ABOUT US:
We are looking for dedicated individuals who work well in a team dedicated to helping others in the community to make a difference and change lives. This work consists of helping others who are going through a rough patch get back on their feet by providing them with resources and tools they can use once they leave the shelter environment. If this sounds like an opportunity that fits your next career path, then we encourage you to apply.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9am-2pm, (Hybrid/Flexible)
Location: Mesa, AZ
- High School or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or other related degree, preferred.
- Three years+ experience in content and communication development.
- Experience developing conceptual design of campaigns.
- Experience with WordPress, highly preferred.
- Experience working in Hootsuite or other social media content management tools, highly preferred.
- Google Analytics certified, preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite + and Microsoft Office Suite, required.
- Paid sick time
- Career advancement opportunities
- Must be able to pass various background checks
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA