CAP Administration - Resource Navigator
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
IF YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO IS HARD WORKING, CARING, AND WANTING TO SERVE OTHERS THEN THIS AGENCY IS LOOKING FOR YOU!!
THINGS TO EXPECT AS A RESOURCE NAVIGATOR:
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication skills to inform clients of available resources, provide additional context as needed, and respond to questions
- Receive incoming calls regarding internal and external resources available to the public
- Conduct meetings with clients seeking resources support, as needed
- Assist visitors by answering questions or responding to requests; direct to the appropriate individual or department as needed
- Maintain and update collected data into the resource directory in a timely manner
- Oversee volunteers and interns working towards goals focused around resource identification and information acquisition
- Participate in tabling events, resource fairs, and other community engagements
- Generate applicable monthly reports as dictated by program needs
- Assist program staff with special projects including data gathering, data analysis and summary reporting
- Represent A NEW LEAF and its mission in a variety of public and community settings
MORE ABOUT US:
We are looking for dedicated individuals who work well in a team dedicated to helping others in the community to make a difference and change lives. This work consists of helping others who are going through a rough patch get back on their feet by providing them with resources and tools they can use once they leave the shelter environment. If this sounds like an opportunity that fits your next career path, then we encourage you to apply.
HOURS: 29 Hours a week (schedule varies)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- One (1) year of clerical/administrative support experience
- Demonstrated proficiency using a computer, phone and other office equipment
- Demonstrated proficiency with various software such as spreadsheets, databases, and email
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA