Family and Child Case Manager
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf’s Family Connections program provides a range of services to the parents and caregivers of children involved with the Arizona Department of Child Safety (DCS). The family and the DCS specialist meet to develop a case plan in order to determine service for the family with the goal of child reunification, remaining with the family, and/or severance.
Pay: $22.00- $24.00/ hour based on experience
Schedule: Part-time and Full-time opportunities available! Flexible schedule based on clients' needs; some evenings and weekends required.
Location: West and East Valley Areas
- Family Connections Consultant will work directly with families whose children are involved with the Department of Child Safety.
- The service the Family Connections Consultant will provide is intended to strengthen family protective factors to reduce risk of child abuse or neglect and enhance parent/caregiver protective capacities so that children are safe in their own homes.
- Document (verbal and written) and submit significant and routine paperwork such as progress notes, statistics reports, daily activities, special concerns, varied incident reports, etc., as required by the program and submit to appropriate personnel.
- Meet with families to provide case consultation and training as related to intervention, mental health, parenting, domestic violence and substance misuse/abuse issues.
- Provide services to clients any day of the week, including weekends and holidays and in evening hours to accommodate the needs of the family’s schedule.
- Conduct assessment to ensure a safe environment for the child.
- Provide intervention services, including domestic violence and substance abuse support, as needed to ensure safety of families served.
- Assist in coordination of service planning, linkages and transition of families served to ongoing services as needed and in assisting families in accessing services and benefits; such as, financial, social, medical, education, and employment/training.
- Provide substance education and linkage treatment provides as needed.
- Establish and maintain a confidential service case record for each client to whom services are provided.
- Bachelor of social work or related bachelor’s degree, required.
- At least 1-year working experience in human services field, required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of family dynamics and family centered services.
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-problem families.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to access community resources.
- Demonstrated experience in cultural diversity, substance abuse, effects of child abuse and neglect on child development, sexual abuse, mediation, and other interventions.
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Gym Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Must be able to pass various background checks
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Glendale, AZ, USA
- Mesa, AZ, USA
- Phoenix, AZ, USA