DV STOP/Centralized Screening-Case Manager I
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
IF YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO IS HARD WORKING, CARING, AND WANTING TO SERVE OTHERS THEN THIS AGENCY IS LOOKING FOR YOU!!
THINGS TO EXPECT A CASE MANAGER:
· Answer crisis hotline calls, properly process, and document calls according to procedure.
· Provide crisis intervention, domestic violence education, and resource and referral services to callers on the crisis hotline.
· Perform intake screenings, lethality assessments, and basic needs assessments to ensure referrals are in line with client needs.
· Provide case management services to domestic violence clients in the overflow program, establish/maintain client files.
· Facilitate and coordinate safe transition out of overflow to shelter or other safe housing and follow up according to plan.
· Be available and responsive to callers/clients during shift hours.
· Recognize common symptoms of mental health related issues and/or substance use disorder, including common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications prescribed.
· Communicate with hotel/motel and/or transportation agencies for client placement.
· Maintain ability to drive personal vehicle to meet clients in overflow program or agency passenger van to conduct transport clients/conduct program business, as assigned.
· Be able to lift 30 pounds.
MORE ABOUT US:
We are looking for dedicated individuals who work well in a team dedicated to helping others in the community to make a difference and change lives. This work consists of helping others who are going through a rough patch get back on their feet by providing them with resources and tools they can use once they leave the shelter environment. If this sounds like an opportunity that fits your next career path, then we encourage you to apply
SCHEDULE: Saturday-Sunday 12pm-10pm
· High School or GED required.
· Associate or Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
· Bilingual verbally in Spanish, preferred.
· Experience working with domestic violence, homeless or economically disadvantaged population required.
· Knowledge of community resources.
· Knowledge of and/or experience with trauma informed practices required.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA