Autumn House - Case Manager
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
IF YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO IS HARD WORKING, CARING, AND WANTING TO SERVE OTHERS THEN THIS AGENCY IS LOOKING FOR YOU!!
THINGS TO EXPECT A CASE MANAGER:
· Role model appropriate behaviors to callers on the hotline and clients in the shelter, at all times,
utilizing trauma informed principles and practices
· Provide case management, crisis intervention, domestic violence education, and resources and referral services to callers on the crisis hotline and to clients in the shelter.
· Communicate with hotel/motel and/or transportation agencies for client placement in overflow program and convey information appropriately to internal programs.
· Be responsible for issues relating to admission and discharge, in conjunction with the programs definition and policies as relevant to program/client needs.
· Perform screenings, lethality assessments and basic needs assessments for potential clients according to procedure. Assist with the introduction of program and facility orientation to incoming clients. Assist with client intake/exit paperwork as needed.
· Co-develop 24/7 Safety/Crisis Plans with every household, depending on the safety needs and risk factors identified by the client.
· Monitor the implementation of a strength-based service plan and progress of household towards goals.
· Maintain ability to drive agency passenger van to transport clients and complete other duties, as needed and/or drive personal vehicle to conduct program business (mail runs, grocery shopping, etc.).
· Complete accurate documentation in database and all program paperwork in a timely, correct, and thorough manner
· Assist with regular cleaning of shelter units, office/workspace, common areas; assist with sorting/organizing donations and deliveries.
MORE ABOUT US:
We are looking for dedicated individuals who work well in a team dedicated to helping others in the community to make a difference and change lives. This work consists of helping others who are going through a rough patch get back on their feet by providing them with resources and tools they can use once they leave the shelter environment. If this sounds like an opportunity that fits your next career path, then we encourage you to apply
HOURS: Sunday-Wednesday: 5:30am-3:30pm
· High School or GED required.
· Associate or Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
· Experience working with domestic violence, homeless or economically disadvantaged population required.
· Knowledge of community resources.
· Knowledge of and/or experience with trauma informed practices required.
· Bilingual verbally in Spanish, preferred.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA