Autumn House - Overnight Shelter Advocate
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
IF YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO IS HARD WORKING, CARING, AND WANTING TO SERVE OTHERS THEN THIS AGENCY IS LOOKING FOR YOU!!
THINGS TO EXPECT AS AN OVERNIGHT SHELTER ADVOCATE:
- Provide supportive case management services to domestic violence clients; establish/maintain client files.
- Provide crisis intervention, domestic violence education, and resources and referral services to callers/clients on the crisis hotline and in the shelter.
- Be responsible to supervisor for issues regarding admission and discharge, while being in conformance with the agency’s program definition and policies as relevant to program/client needs.
- Access community resources for obtaining assistance when needed; coordinate services with clients and other service providers and domestic violence shelters.
- Facilitate and coordinate discharge planning transition and follow up according to plan.
- Participate in required client care supervision on a regular basis as required by state law and A New Leaf policy.
- Drive personal vehicle or agency passenger van to conduct program business (mail runs, grocery shopping, etc.).
- Drive 12-15 passenger van to transport clients and complete other duties, as needed.
- Be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
- Communicate with hotel/motel and /or transportation agencies for client placement for DVSTOP.
MORE ABOUT US:
We are looking for dedicated individuals who work well in a team dedicated to helping others in the community to make a difference and change lives. This work consists of helping others who are going through a rough patch get back on their feet by providing them with resources and tools they can use once they leave the shelter environment. If this sounds like an opportunity that fits your next career path, then we encourage you to apply.
Schedule: Thursday and Friday, 8:00pm to 6:00am, and Saturday from 9:00pm to 6:00am
Location: Mesa, AZ
- High School or GED required
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Experience working with domestic violence, homeless or economically disadvantaged population preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with trauma informed practices required.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Paid sick time
- Career advancement opportunities
- Must be able to pass various background checks
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mesa, AZ, USA