Bilingual Youth Care Worker
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
SIGN ON BONUS OF $1000 & HAZARD PAY
A New Leaf's licensed and accredited 24-hour youth shelter for children (ages 12-17) that offer specialized case management for the purpose of family reunification. Meals, education and warm place to sleep are provided along with activities to keep the children’s spirits up and deliver round-the-clock care.
Our dedicated staff provide a safe and stable environment in which to foster the optimal growth and development of each child. Supporting objectives include improved physical health, improved education/vocation skill development and timely family reunification and/or release planning.
We are searching for a full time Spanish/English Bilingual Afternoon/Evening Youth Care Worker to be a part of the already amazing and dedicated team.
Pay: $16.00- $18.00 hourly, DOE and Shift
- Various Shifts and Schedules available.
Location: Mesa, AZ
- Provide consistent "line of sight" supervision for clients
- Complete client Daily Progress Reports (DPR), daily. Accurately document client participation, behavior and activities through the shift.
- Assist and monitor client's self-administration of prescribed medication.
- Provide verbal crisis intervention and counseling to clients.
- Provide for client needs within scope of program practices and policies.
- Collaborate with Clinical Team to observe, learn, practice, and effectively implement approved therapeutic interventions
- Drive clients to approved scheduled activities (i.e. school, appointments, etc.) in 12-14 passenger van and adhere to Agency driving policy and procedures.
- Monitor condition and safety of campus and report any concerns or maintenance issues to supervisors.
- Promote camaraderie thru respectful and open communication, collaboration, team, and accountability.
- Escort exiting clients to airport and flight gate. Support client exit by handling exit documents, picking up client ticket, explaining security check process, and coordinating with airline staff to escort unaccompanied minor.
- Provide training and guidance to newer team members.
- High School or GED required
- Associate degree in human services field, preferred
- Bilingual; possess effective verbal and written language skills in English and Spanish.
- Minimum 1-year experience working with youth preferred
- Experience working independently, preferred
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Gym Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Must be able to pass various background checks
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Must Be At Least 21 Years of Age
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Friday, June 24, 2022
- Mesa, AZ, USA