Regional Sales Manager - Southeast
Who We Are
VelocitySBA provides small business owners with access to growth capital through the SBA loan program. Having access to small business financing can give you the security and freedom to focus on other aspects of running your business. We can help you purchase commercial real estate and equipment, provide growth capital financing, deliver debt refinance solutions, aide with business acquisition/partner buyout, and assist small business owners with their startups.
What’s in it for You
VelocitySBA’s Business Relationship Manager performs external prospect development activities in their assigned territory. Primary focus is to develop relationships with prospects to increase overall level of business. The SBA Business Development Officer is able to operate with a minimum of direction, is able to develop a portfolio of new business relationships and manages a loan portfolio in metro markets.
What You’ll Do
The Southeast Region Sales Manager strategically manages their team of Business Development Officers, with oversight from the National Sales Manager. This role specializes in developing and coaching BDOs to close SBA 7(a) loans and produce revenue for the company. The position is responsible for ensuring the ongoing progression of all sales activity from lead generation to loan closed. The successful candidate will champion the sales team while working collaboratively with credit, underwriting and closing. The role will establish cross departmental relationships making certain that Sales has access to the most accurate, updated and relevant product, marketing, operations, and process information needed to maintain our value proposition of speed and certainty of funding.
- Required Bachelor s Degree in Finance or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in managing a team selling SBA 7(a) lending opportunities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment
- Attention to detail, emphasis on accuracy and strong sense of urgency
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, as well as upward, downward and across the organization
- Sales leadership and best practices experience within SBA Lending, knowledge of SBA Standard Operating Procedures
- Understanding of credit underwriting and financial metrics as it relates to small business lending and SBA lending
- Engagement with sales teams in developing originations through sales calling, trade shows, networking, associations, and targeted marketing campaigns. Assist with a diverse network from which to source business opportunities.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Strategic thinker capable of analyzing information to determine overall trends and make appropriate conclusions
- Ability to work independently yet collaborate cross-functionally in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Review and be knowledgeable of departmental and human resource’s policies & procedures
- Willing to Travel 30%-40% of the time.
- Leadership: engage and lead sales team performance to achieve overall volume and margin goals, while developing talent for future growth.
- Engagement: innovative thinking to streamline processes and coach team to maximize their potential. Works closely with credit manager, underwriting and closing to reach productive problem-solving in a team-oriented environment
- Involvement: Structuring and championing transactions on behalf of the sales team. Provides feedback to sales team on prospective lending opportunities, helps structure loan requests, represents sales to underwriting, closing and within the community.
- Continuous Improvement: lead the sales team and company in continuous improvement efforts, embrace change and automation, develop new sources and significantly grow existing sources with a strong desire to learn new industries that fit risk/reward parameters. Be a contributing member of the company leadership team and be viewed as a trusted advisor to help the company grow and thrive.
- Strategically manage a team of 5 BDO’s to leverage opportunities to grow SBA Loan volume, set goals and ensure accountability of loan production, throughput and loan quality. Coaches team on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Requires pipeline management - reviews team pipeline regularly to monitor progress of loans to next milestone, also assists team in providing a fast and efficient loan closing process.
- Proactively reviews teams and identify areas where individuals can improve. Coaches, maintains and helps to improve struggling employees with the use of meetings, review sessions, training and implementing results driven sales techniques.
- Involved with interviewing and hiring decisions, as well as prepares and delivers employee performance evaluations, goal planning, and counseling.
- Leading a Sales team in conducting the following activities:
- Business development and loan origination of SBA 7(a) loans.
- Meeting Annual Loan and Profitability goals set at the beginning of the year.
- Maintain a staff of productive Business Relationship Managers through recruiting, on-boarding, coaching, and developing.
- Drive accountability around Sales Activities that lead to Booked Volume.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with team, partners, and borrowers.
- $150,000/yr - $175,000/yr + Commission
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employer for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Velocity Vehicle Group and its companies provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Job Family USA_People Leader 2
- Job Function Sales Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Alabama, USA
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Florida, USA
- Mississippi, USA
- North Carolina, USA
- South Carolina, USA
- Tennessee, USA