Business Development Officer - Southwest Region
Who We Are
VelocitySBA provides small business owners with access to growth capital through the SBA loan program. Having access to small business financing can give you the security and freedom to focus on other aspects of running your business. We can help you purchase commercial real estate and equipment, provide growth capital financing, deliver debt refinance solutions, aide with business acquisition/partner buyout, and assist small business owners with their startups.
What’s in it for You
VelocitySBA’s Business Development Officer performs external prospect development activities in their assigned territory. Primary focus is to develop relationships with prospects to increase overall level of business. The SBA Business Development Officer is able to operate with a minimum of direction, is able to develop a portfolio of new business relationships and manages a loan portfolio in metro markets.
What You’ll Do
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate viable SBA 7a loan opportunities via external direct and indirect marketing channels and meet annual loan volume and pricing targets.
- Manage loan workflow, financial analysis and closing requirements.
- Determine 7a loan eligibility under SBA SOP and general prudent lending practices.
- Responsible to prepare and deliver accurate loan applications and loan prescreen form.
- Update pipeline report and attend weekly pipeline meeting attended by the senior leadership team including the President, Sales Manager, Chief Credit Officer, Credit Administrator, Operation Manager and Closing/Documentation Manager.
- Collaborate with Credit and Closing teams to efficiently process transactions.
- Ensure all loan requests are compliant to the policies and procedures of VelocitySBA.
- Manage new and existing 3rd party loan agents and ensure the agents meet VelocitySBA standards.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 years of SBA lending experience with US based bank or non-bank lending institution.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Ability to understand financial/credit policies, financial statements and structure credit facilities of targets
- Ability to maintain efficient workflow
- Professional speaking and presentation skills
- Full understanding and knowledge of SBA eligibility and guidelines
- Ability to identify and mitigate credit risks
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements, business reports and legal documents
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Proficient business writing skills
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Velocity Vehicle Group is an equal opportunity employer. Velocity Vehicle Group prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family USA_Sales
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Arizona, USA
- Colorado, USA
- Nevada, USA
- New Mexico, USA
- Texas, USA
- Utah, USA