Irvine, CA, USA ● Pasadena, CA, USA Req #3630
Wednesday, November 9, 2022
Who We Are:
VelocitySBA provides small business owners with access to growth capital through the SBA loan program. Having access to small business financing can give you the security and freedom to focus on other aspects of running your business. We can help you purchase commercial real estate and equipment, provide growth capital financing, deliver debt refinance solutions, aide with business acquisition/partner buyout, and assist small business owners with their startups.
What’s in it for You:
VelocitySBA is a fast paced and growing organization that is looking for candidates that are ready for a daily challenge and cannot wait to provide superior customer service both internally and externally. VelocitySBA offers fantastic Culture in an easy going family-like business as well as competitive pay, 401K W/Match, Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits.
What You’ll do:
VelocitySBA is looking for a corporate controller who will be responsible for financial and accounting reporting, controlling policies and staff.
- Supervises staff ensuring expectations are established to provide accurate and timely financial reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Supervises the month end close process; approves manual journal entries and ensures appropriate support is maintained
- Ensures staff has completed all journal entries, reconciliations for balance sheet accounts, and reviews variances related to general ledger accounts
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency, creating and modifying procedures and workflow
- Ensures the accuracy of accruals and all related journals are reported in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Reviews items in books of original entry to determine if accepted accounting procedures are followed
- Reviews and approves check runs, ensures appropriate approvals are obtained, checks the accuracy of vendor dollar amount, payment terms and in compliance with accounts payable policies.
- Reviews company expense reports and ensures compliance with company travel policy
- Prepares reports of findings and recommendations for management
- Responsible for special projects, as requested
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Personnel Supervisory Duties:
- Supervises, trains, coaches and develops employees
- Communicates job expectations and monitors progress
- Appraises and reviews job contributions
- Monitors employees’ payroll records
- Conducts meetings with employees to discuss activities and problems
- Develops, enforces and monitors guidelines for working as a team
- Enforces policies and procedures
- B.A. in accounting or finance
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of three to four (7-10) years experience preferred
- Minimum of two (5) years supervisory lead experience
- Equipment finance experience preferred
- Internal/external audit experienced preferred
- Proven supervisory skills in accordance with company policies and applicable laws
- Strong accounting skills and knowledge
- Ability to motivate staff
- Strong knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Advanced MS Excel and spreadsheet skills
- Maintains the general ledger and supporting records for the company
- Follows company policy and procedures, which include proper documentation, review of data for accuracy, and adherence with all accounting controls.
- Produces a high caliber of work with a minimal error rate
- Accuracy – work is correct and error free and within company and regulation policies and guidelines
- Adaptability –able to fit into a changing working environment, including changing priorities and projects
- Decision Making – the ability to select an effective course of action while controlling resources and expenditures and must be able to work with limited direction.
- Detail Oriented –able to pay meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, regardless of how small or seemingly unimportant the detail is.
- Honesty, Integrity and Ethics –acts in a fair and just manner, free from deception; follows the company’s accepted principles of moral conduct
- Initiative – acts and take steps to solve or settle an issue
- Interpersonal / Customer Oriented –develop and maintain relationships with others. The desire to serve both external and internal clients by focusing effort on meeting the client’s needs, understanding their concerns and seeking to build trust
- Oral Communication – to communicate with clarity in order to clearly understand other's message and intent, and to be able to receive and process feedback
- Relationship Building –able to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationship with clients and co-workers
- Reliability – is dependable and trustworthy
- Time Management –effectively utilizes time for the completion of necessary job tasks
- Written Communication –is able to write concise clear letters, reports, and emails, including proofing and editing
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Velocity Vehicle Group is an equal opportunity employer. Velocity Vehicle Group prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family USA_People Leader 3
- Job Function Finance & Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Irvine, CA, USA
- Pasadena, CA, USA