SBA Business Development Officer - Trucking (VSBA)
Who We Are
Velocity Vehicle Group (VVG) is a premium commercial brand medium to heavy truck dealership that offers the full-service experience for our customers, from an outstanding sales organization to highly skilled technicians to service your vehicle, and on demand parts. Our goal is to be your one stop shop experts for all truckers, owner operators, fleets and companies. This coupled with our Leasing and Rental business and our financial services business make VVG the leading Truck dealership.
What’s in it for You
VVG is a fast paced and growing organization that is looking for candidates that are ready for a daily challenge and cannot wait to provide superior customer service both internally and externally. VVG offers fantastic Culture in an easy-going family-like business as well as competitive pay, 401K W/Match, Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits.
What You’ll Do
VelocitySBA a division of Velocity Vehicle Group, is hiring a Business Development Officer focused on internal partnerships within the VVG team with positions available in Southern California, Southeast or Texas. Remote opportunity for applicants in these states.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate viable SBA 7a loan opportunities via internal partnership with Crossroads Equipment Lease and Finance
- Meet/exceed annual loan volume and pricing targets.
- Manage loan workflow, financial analysis and closing requirements.
- Determine 7a loan eligibility under SBA SOP and general prudent lending practices.
- Responsible to prepare and deliver accurate loan applications and loan prescreen form.
- Update pipeline report and attend weekly pipeline meeting attended by the senior leadership team including the President, Sales Manager, Chief Credit Officer, Credit Administrator, Operation Manager and Closing/Documentation Manager.
- Collaborate with Credit and Closing teams to efficiently process transactions.
- Ensure all loan requests are compliant to the policies and procedures of Crossroads Small Business Solutions and SBA.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to maintain efficient workflow
- Professional speaking and presentation skills
- Full understanding and knowledge of SBA eligibility and guidelines
- Ability to identify and mitigate credit risks
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements, business reports and legal documents
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Proficient business writing skills
- 3-5 years of SBA lending/underwriting experience Required
- Must be able to foster relationships and readily identify SBA deals
- Expected to educate, build rapport, and expand opportunities with internal partners
- Must be willing to travel to select geographic locations
- Prior “inside sales” experience
- Connections with the Trucking industry a plus
- 4-year college degree
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Velocity Vehicle Group is an equal opportunity employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family USA_Sales
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Irvine, CA, USA
- Pasadena, CA, USA
- Texas, USA