50321 - Orientation Coord - 354 - Orientation Centers
HOURS: 8am - 5pm M-F
To instruct new BCOs and Operators on Landstar policies, practices and procedures, and provide them with the supplies and information they will need to be successful at Landstar.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Provide an open forum where new BCOs and Operators are encouraged to ask questions.
- Acclimate new BCOs and Operators to the "Landstar System" (ie, how to find loads, how to get paid, who to call for help).
- Instruct on Landstar policies, logging, hazardous materials, regulatory information and "Decision Driving" skills and techniques.
- Stress importance of Landstar "tools" (Business Planners, Landstar.com, Cell/Web phones, LCN, IVR System, Trip Recorders, etc.).
- Assist new BCOs in calculating their "Cost per mile".
- Update BCO and Operator files in iSeries 400, as necessary.
- Provide solutions for BCO and Operator questions/problems/concerns.
- Perform as a back-up for other Orientation Coordinators out due to illness, vacation, etc.
- Participate in Safety meetings; may be during non-business hours, weekends or off-site.
- Track expenses for individual Orientation Center including motels, lunches, etc.
- Handle incoming calls from BCOs and Operators.
- Special projects and assignments as needed.
- Must perform duties to the standards of the job description and comply with the company's policies, practices and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience in trucking industry, preferred
- Prior experience within Landstar, helpful
- Ability to work in a sometimes complex, fast-paced, and moderately stressful environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in data entry
- iSeries 400 skills, preferred
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-task oriented environment
- Ability to perform quality work with minimal supervision and manage time wisely
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to travel
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training, preferably in operations or safety; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience as a truck driver is helpful.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES and/or REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to acquire National Safety Council Defensive Driving Certificate.
- Valid driver license.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit at workstation for 8 hour shift and perform extensive computer and telephone work.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 145 JF Shirley Road, Carnesville, Georgia, United States of America