Insurance Admin Coordinator
Opening located onsite at Landstar headquarters in Jacksonville.
Hours: M-F, 8am - 5pm
Excellent benefits including 401(k), medical, dental, life, vacation, and flex days.
Strong customer service support to internal and/or external customers. Expert at handling customer issues to resolution.
- Using minimal discretion to solve complex problems
- Answers phones, handles correspondence, and maintains files as needed
- Ask questions when unsure
- Respond to all inquiries timely
- Prepares documents as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Microsoft Office and Internet knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Good organizational skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s preferred
- Minimum Experience: Three years of experience required
ESSENTIAL DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES and/or SKILLS
- Evaluate outside insurance policies submitted by truck owner/operators to determine that the policy provisions comply with Landstar's contract requirement to manage insurable risks
- Conduct monthly audits of truck owner/operators’ insurance coverage to ensure maintenance of appropriate insurance coverage and to properly minimize Landstar's risk exposure
- Provide qualification and recruiting centers with current insurance information for Landstar truck owner/operators and agents and to assist in developing and providing training for truck owner/operator's and agents
- Knowledgeably discuss with truck owner/operators their insurance requirements as they relate to their haulage agreement, specifically, Appendix B of the ICOA and related sections and amendments of their contract
- Assist Landstar agents with High Value Load applications and questions related to our High Value Trip Transit (HVTT) program
- Properly identify and manage targeted commodities insured throughout HVTT program in order to further manage Landstar's insurable risk
- Reconcile HVTT premiums on a monthly basis to charges pass through to customers
- Printing checks on a daily basis related to Landstar insurance claims. Responsibilities include auditing supporting documentation, cutting checks and obtaining proper signatures
- Collaborate with Contract Administration and/or Sales Administration on COI requiring special or nonstandard coverage limits and/or wording
- Manage requests for COI and knowledgeably discuss the components of the COI
- Participate in annual insurance renewal, which includes distribution of auto liability insurance cards for operators and issuing COI for customers
- Respond to inquiries from qualification centers, agents, customers, contractors and drivers via telephone (headset), fax and email concerning insurance requirements on a daily basis. Call volume will vary from day to day
- Participate and assist on assigned special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America