Air Freight Operations Coordinator - International & Air Operations
M-F - 8am -5pm
Ensure that international air freight shipments are serviced properly and agents and employees are managing international air freight business in accordance with company and US governmental policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Quote carrier's rates and charges and conditions.
- Assist agents completing the requirements for the transportation of cargo by air
- Keep agents and corporate employees abreast of new or changing rules.
- Assist Manager in rate negotiations with air carriers.
- Support international correspondents in their efforts to effectively interface with our international air freight agents and corporate departments
- Assist in the training of new international air freight agents concerning Landstar's international policies, procedures and systems
- Consult with domestic agents regarding shipment opportunities including referrals to company qualified international air freight agents if appropriate
Working knowledge of U.S. government regulations (e.g. EAR and especially TSA) and other government agency requirements
Good working knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities and gateway airports.
Computer skills including MS Office applications
Strong verbal and written communications skills
Must be able to multi-task
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: High school diploma or general education degree, required; Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, preferred.
Minimum Experience: Minimum six months current international AIR/FF or air carrier operations experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America