50535 - Hazmat Rep. - 266 - Compliance - Hazmat
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance,
401K, vacation pay, flex time, and 8 paid holidays!
Job Title: Hazmat Representative
Hours: Monday - Friday 11am to 8pm ET
Communicate with owner operators/truck operators, agents (and their staff), customers and shippers to ensure compliance with hazardous material shipments per regulations and Landstar policy.
- Review and research hazardous material shipping papers for required entries, per regulations
- Identify root cause of hazmat violations on hazardous material shipments, shipping papers, and DOT roadside inspections
- Resolve hazardous material non-compliance issues by counseling internal/external customers including, but not limited to owner operators, shippers, bill to customers, agents and their staff in an effective and professional manner
- Monitor and follow-up to ensure compliance with company requirements and regulations
- Assist internal/external customers with online training
- Compose and submit challenges for incorrect violations issued on roadside inspections
- Notify trainees of re-current hazmat training due dates and follow up
- Notify owner operators of random drug and alcohol tests
- Data entry of Hazmat Helpline calls and counseling
- Other duties as assigned
- Efficient in Microsoft Office
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superb interpersonal skills fostering a positive work environment
- Good organizational skills
- Regulatory hazmat knowledge
- Professional with a desire to learn and apply new skills
- Understanding of the transportation industry
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Hazmat certification preferred
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America