Sr. System Engineer - Kubernetes/azure/linux
You will be part of a team of Sr. Systems Engineers that supports and monitors mission critical infrastructure and web/mobile applications that are based both on prem and in the cloud. Providing highest levels of availability, performance, and security in multiple technologies such as Microsoft, Linux, Azure, Kubernetes, Office365, etc.
- Extensive experience designing, implementing, and supporting Azure solutions.
- Extensive experience with building, maintaining and troubleshooting Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience in building, maintaining and troubleshooting with Windows and Linux OS.
- Experience with monitoring and troubleshooting systems and applications in multiple environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of Azure pipelines, CICD processes and build and release deployments.
- Ability to writing complex scripts using PowerShell, Bash, Ansible (desired), etc.
- Knowledge with load balancing technologies such as F5 or Azure load balancers.
- Experience with managing Office365 applications such as SharePoint Online, OneDrive, PowerBI, etc
- Experience with message queuing applications like RabbitMQ (desired)
- Ability to troubleshooting web based applications tools such as developers tools, Fiddler, etc.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of Production and Disaster Recovery environments
- Responsible for management of non-production environments for development and performance testing.
- Responsible for the maintaining and troubleshooting resources on premise and cloud hosted infrastructure
- Implement and maintain system performance monitoring tools such as AppDynamcis, HostMon, and Azure Monitors.
- Responsible for OS and application upgrades or migrations.
- Responsible for application deployments using DevOps CICD Pipelines to lower environments promoting up to Production.
- Available for 24 hour On-Call rotation and for escalated incidents and alerts
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced analytical problem solving skills
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a team environment
- Professional demeanor
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while conducting work
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, preferred
- Minimum Experience: Five years of relevant experience, preferred
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America