VP, Commercial Lending Officer
Landmark Credit Union is an employer that values its people as its greatest asset. We understand that “Landmark moments” can happen at any time, so we offer an employee experience that fits our ever-changing world, competitive wages and benefits, and opportunities for professional growth and development. Join us to find out what it’s like to work for an employer that puts people first!
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position reports to the SVP – Team Lead Business Services. Sells and services commercial loans and depository accounts and other appropriate products and services to existing and new business members. Conducts discussions, both in person and over the phone, with prospective and existing business members. Responsible for achieving/exceeding specific sales and service goals.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 5 years of commercial lending experience, with focus on C&I relationships preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
2. Must be a credit-skilled lender and have knowledge of laws and regulations governing business lending and the ability to underwrite commercial loans.
3. Must have strong sales profiling skills with a history of successful new customer generation.
4. Must have experience or be able to gain proficiency in all programs and systems used for this job including systems related to deposit and loan products.
5. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work independently as a valuable team member in a dynamic environment.
6. Must have the ability to use independent judgment and discretion in various situations while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
7. Must develop a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to this position. Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all job-related state and federal laws and regulations.
1. Establishes and manages an ongoing and proactive calling program focused on existing and prospective business members.
2. Interviews existing and prospective members applying for commercial loans and/or for business deposit services.
3. Requests the appropriate financial information necessary to underwrite commercial loans per Landmark’s Business Lending Policy.
4. Works with the Team Lead, Business Lending Underwriter or Portfolio Manager to underwrite commercial loans according to Landmark’s Business Lending Policy; and, when necessary, underwrites loans directly.
5. When appropriate, attends and presents business loan requests to the Business Loan Committee.
6. Works with the Business Loan Documentation personnel to ensure the right documents are generated for each loan. Reviews all loan documentation to ensure they properly represent approved terms and present all borrower information accurately.
7. Ensures that all necessary documentation is complete per Landmark’s Business Lending Policy prior to loan closings.
8. Resolves all loan exceptions in a timely manner.
9. Continues to monitor business relationships to minimize risk of losses over time.
10. Completes loan reviews and renewals as per Landmark’s Business Lending Policy.
11. Assists in mentoring and training the branch staff in identifying potential business relationships.
12. In addition to growing the commercial loan portfolio, also responsible for growing business deposits and selling additional business related products and services.
13. Cross-sells other appropriate Landmark products and services.
14. Assists with collection activities related to business loans and accounts.
15. Represents Landmark Credit Union in the community by becoming involved in appropriate community activities and organizations.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 2775 S Moorland Rd, New Berlin, WI 53151, USA