Home Health Aide - Part Time - Hospice Baxter
The mission of Knute Nelson is to enrich the lives of everyone we serve.
- Monday – Friday
- 8 AM – 4:30 PM
- 32 hours per pay period
- Provide personal care to clients within their home under the direction of a nurse.
- Provide homemaking services within the home.
- Support client’s well-being, including physical, emotional, and social.
- Support client’s physical well-being – provide personal cares as directed by the nurse such as bathing assistance, simple wound care, dressing, transferring, toileting. Respect is given to honor the privacy of the client when possible.
- Support client’s mental well-being – establish professional working relationships with clients and family members. Encourage social connectedness through assisting with various means of communication available to the client.
- Support client’s home environment – provide client directed light housekeeping. Have a keen eye for safety hazards within the home, working to eliminate them with the client’s approval or reporting to the supervising nurse concerns about the home.
- Documentation – document all client cares per policy. Communicate client updates to supervising nurse.
- Other duties as assigned – the duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Education and Experience Required
- Must be registered as a CNA in the State of Minnesota.
- Must obtain CPR certification within 6 months from date of hire.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and use of an insured personal vehicle.
- Must complete and pass a state required background study.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing to the extent required by the position.
- Able to physically perform the duties required by the position.
- Required to have the ability to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate with staff, clients, and clients’ responsible parties.
Obtaining the COVID-19 vaccine or an approved medical or religious exemption is a requirement of employment for this position.
Regional Clinical Manager
In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Knute Nelson's policy forbids employees and associates from discriminating against anyone based on race, religion, color, creed, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, familial status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Knute Nelson is committed to establishing and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, termination, promotion, salary treatment or any other condition of employment or career advancement. Knute Nelson also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled employees and applicants as required by law.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Baxter, MN, USA