Automation Technician / Toolmaker
To undertake toolmaking duties by setting up and maintaining automated valve and can assembly machinery. Manufacturing and maintaining tooling and spares to ensure that production targets are met whilst ensuring that quality is built into the manufacturing process in a safe manner. Actively pursue improvements within the module, in Safety, cGMP and productivity performance. Involves shift operation covering a wide variety of processes, procedures and equipment for the production of metered dose inhalers (MDI’s).
- Work safely in line with behavioural safety principles.
- Carry out maintenance and refurbishment of automated assembly equipment & rectification of machine breakdowns.
- You must be competent in using manual machine tools i.e., lathes, milling machines, surface, cylindrical and internal grinding machines.
- Routine preventative maintenance tasks in accordance with the asset care (planned maintenance) programme set out for each individual machine.
- Manufacture and maintain a healthy supply of spares to minimise downtime.
- Set up machines for change of job in a timely manner and authorise for production.
- You must be able to read and interpret Technical Drawings / Technical Specifications.
- Comply with the 10 rules of cGMP. Experience or knowledge of cleanroom environment ideal but not critical.
- Use and develop appropriate diagnostic tools/procedures to assist in resolving machine problems and to ensure process checks are completed to required standards.
- Communicate with colleagues and team leaders at shift handover to ensure any problems are left with full detailed explanations.
- Ensure clear concise documentation when populating manufacturing information sheets, intervention logs, layout sheets, in process checks, drawing systems etc.
- Contribute, initiate and support continuous improvement programmes - work with consideration to OEE targets and KPI’s.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with mechanical maintenance, manual machining, hand fitting & metrology equipment is essential. Experience with pneumatics & automated assembly is preferred but not essential.
- Time served Toolmaker/Mechanical Engineer. City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (ONC, HNC etc).
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- Computer literate in Word and Excel desirable
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment is strongly essential.
- Able to make decisions independently, demonstrating a structured thorough process.
Salary & Benefits
Base salary - negotiable depending on experience.
Plus 25% shift pay for 2 shift rotating pattern
Eligibility for company bonus
- Job Family Technical Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Certification
- Job Start Date Monday, January 30, 2023
- Clitheroe BB7, UK