To undertake machining duties by manufacturing parts for transfer Production Presses. Manufacturing new, refurbishment and maintaining tooling and to ensure that production targets are met whilst ensuring that quality is built into the manufacturing process in a safe manner. Actively pursue improvements within the module, in Safety, cGMP and productivity performance. Involves shift operation covering a wide variety of processes, procedures, and equipment for the production of metered dose inhalers (MDI’s).
- Work safely in line with behavioural safety principles.
- You must be competent in operating manual machine tools i.e., lathes, milling machines, surface, cylindrical and internal grinding machines.
- CNC machining desirable but not essential.
- You must be able to read and interpret technical drawings / technical specifications.
- Change, set and adjust precision tools as required.
- Consistently maintain parts to designated tolerances using appropriate measuring tools.
- Grind own cutting tools and drills (other than special purpose tools).
- Calculate speeds and feeds.
- Perform routine maintenance checks and report any machine functionality issues.
- Communicate with colleagues and team leaders at shift handover to ensure any problems are left with full detailed explanations.
- Ensure clear concise documentation when populating manufacturing information sheets, intervention logs, layout sheets, in process checks, drawing systems etc.) and process checks are completed to required standards.
- Comply with the 10 rules of cGMP.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area in line with visual standards and 5s principles.
- Contribute, initiate, and support continuous improvement programmes.
Knowledge & Skills
- Time served Machinist. City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- Computer literate in Word and Excel desirable
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment is strongly essential
- Confident interpersonal skills
- Able to make decisions independently, demonstrating a structured thorough process.
Salary & Benefits
Base salary - negotiable depending on experience.
Plus 25% shift pay for 2 shift rotating pattern
Eligibility for company bonus
- Job Family Technical Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Certification
- Job Start Date Monday, January 23, 2023
- Clitheroe BB7, UK