Construction Project Coordinator
Kindeva is passionate about helping you realize the full potential of your career. We are seeking a talented Construction Project Coordinator to join our team during this period of dynamic change and growth! We have the vision to see what’s possible, the expertise to make it happen and the agility to overcome any challenge along the way.
Seeking a Construction Project Coordinator that will be responsible for managing contractors, permit inspections, budgets and schedules in support and coordination of overall Manufacturing & Facilities construction projects in a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. Administer construction contracts; conduct on-site inspection to monitor plan compliance and conduct safety audits in compliance with Kindeva construction safety program. Daily coordination of contractor activities to support project schedule and facility needs. Present status reports to project engineer or project team. Receive, review and coordinate contract changes into project delivery.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Single point of contact for the construction contractors
- Coordinate and supervise all on-site construction activities
- Develop execution plans/schedules.
- Planning and allocating of contractor resources to meet changing and evolving project needs. Develop and communicate logistics and other operational plans as necessary.
- Analytical design review and critique, incorporating observations of field realities, past learnings
- Interaction with the project engineers to ensure performance against schedule
- Use aesthetic communication methods to escalate roadblocks or communicate successes as necessary, including the ability to clearly communicate risks.
- Resource leveling - Assessing critical priority projects to reallocate contractor resources
- Read/Interpret engineering drawings & specifications.
- Implementation of schedule/scope/budget.
- Assist Project Engineer with implementing Construction Control Plans to minimize contamination risk with adjacent manufacturing operations.
- Coordination and implementation of construction activities around planned and unplanned factory downtimes to minimize interruptions to GMP production activities in operating production areas.
- Field monitoring of contractor activities to ensure adherence to site and industry safety policies.
- Oversight of installation, conversion, and demolition of multiple production machinery for production upgrades
- Planning of capital equipment moves and deliveries with rigging contractors
- Attend team planning and collaboration meetings, to ensure critical tasks and handovers are accounted for and completed
- Manages coordination of daily construction operations to deliver projects on time and on budget while accomplishing the goals and objectives of the projects
- Collaborates with resident and division engineering team to determine full scope of project construction and verifies projects are successfully executed in accordance with design
- Facilitates and executes all required outage and/or construction control requirements for construction with appropriate personnel
- Acquires and manages all necessary construction equipment and materials while reconciling bill of materials and/or as-builts, identifies and takes any needed corrective action
- Regularly interfaces directly with contractors, project managers, project engineers, process owners, and Kindeva management to verify construction projects are executed in alignment with project scope
- Completing work permits, job hazard analysis, Lock-out Tag-out, hot work permits, line opening permits, and similar
- Can endure frequent standing, walking (numerous miles a day), navigating (on foot or in a vehicle)
- Work is primarily in the field with minimum time in an office environment
- Prefer relevant Degree (Engineering, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Construction, Architecture) or equivalent experience
- Construction project management experience
- Effective organizational and communication skills
- Construction cost estimating and scheduling experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and convey project status
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Cal/OSHA rules and regulations
- Ability to work weekends as required.
- Experience managing mechanical and electrical construction projects
- Experience working in pharmaceutical manufacturing or cleanroom environments.
- Job Family Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator P2S
- Min Hiring Rate $91,523.00
- Max Hiring Rate $120,124.00
- 19901 Nordhoff St, Northridge, CA 91324, USA