Green Bay, WI - Corporate, 1330 Bellevue Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America Req #2014
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
At KI, we believe knowing our customers helps us serve them better. We listen. We observe. We understand that each customer has unique needs. So, we pride ourselves on helping our customers make smart furniture decisions by offering expert advice, design options and personalized solutions.Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
KI is seeking a Buyer for our Manufacturing plant in Green Bay, WI. This position is responsible for sourcing and purchasing materials and components to support manufacturing operations. This role is also responsible for continuous supplier improvement.
- Purchasing & Inventory Control (60%)
- Analyze inventory levels for assigned items and quantities to be purchases.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers for materials and components used in the production process.
- Work with suppliers on delivery date changes, quantity changes and cancellations.
- Update plant operations of any potential material availability considerations.
- Provide suppliers with projected sage and stocking level input.
- Visual color matching of components to color standards
- Supplier Sourcing (20%)
- Identify potential supplier sources capable of meeting requirements consistent with MWBE policy
- Drive to prospective supplier factories and visually evaluate the physical conditions and processes deployed on the plant floor and in the office
- Negotiate pricing, terms, and conditions
- Supplier Development (20%)
- Notify suppliers of quality concerns and work with them on root cause identification and corrective action
- Work with suppliers to identify and implement cost saving ideas (CSI)
- Work with suppliers to deploy lean principals and quick response manufacturing concepts in their operations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business with emphasis on Supply Chain related principles
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in purchasing, inventory management, production planning, or related fields
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and MRP systems
- Experience with ISO requirements and audits are a plus
KI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Supply Chain / Transportation
- Pay Type Salary
- Green Bay, WI - Corporate, 1330 Bellevue Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America