Lean Process Manager - 2nd shift
Manitowoc, WI - Manufacturing, 1400 S 41st St, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America Req #2008
Friday, February 24, 2023
At KI, we believe knowing our customers helps us serve them better. We listen. We observe. We understand that each customer has unique needs. So, we pride ourselves on helping our customers make smart furniture decisions by offering expert advice, design options and personalized solutions.Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
KI, a world class supplier of innovative and award-winning furniture solutions for business, educational, and healthcare environments, is seeking a Lean Process Manager to join our Manitowoc manufacturing facility on our 2nd shift.
The Lean Process Manager supervises manufacturing activities of technicians as well as maintains product responsibilities for on-time delivery, maintaining schedules, and meeting high quality standards, while maintaining the goals and objectives of KI.
- Monitor daily activities of technicians balancing labor and schedules for respective department, while maintaining high quality standards and implementing cost saving ideas. Review department flow and production for optimum efficiencies
- Manage processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints
- Communicate with other managers to ensure on-time delivery of quality products
- Maintain open channels of communication with production technicians
- Hire, train, evaluate, and resolve personnel concerns while remaining compliant with the relevant state and federal laws
- Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or business is preferred
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Preferred Lean Manufacturing experience
Value Added Skills:
- Ability to work flexible hours, extra hours and weekends
- Excellent communication
- Ability to be analytical, take risks and make decisions
- Ability to interact and give feedback in a productive and constructive manner
- Have a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment
- KI offers a welcoming work culture with competitive benefits for eligible employees
KI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Manufacturing / Operations - Office
- Pay Type Salary
- Manitowoc, WI - Manufacturing, 1400 S 41st St, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America