Production Tech I - Paint (1st Shift)
As a Production Technician in the Paint Department employees are responsible for hanging parts/hooks on the paint line, taking hooks off as needed, applying powder coat paint to the product, performing color changes and taping product coming off the paint line. The paint line Technicians support the assembly cells & provide them with needed product to meet their final assembly schedules.
· Hang hooks & parts on the paint line following identified priorities
· Manually apply powder paint to production parts
· Perform paint color changeovers
· Tape parts coming down from line to protect from scratches
· Inspect & pack parts off the line (assemble as necessary)
· Participate in continuous improvement activities to include Kaizen events, layout planning, etc.
· Provide suggestions and monitor productivity and downtime issues
· Be open to changes occurring to improve processes
· High school diploma or equivalent
· No previous experience is required, but prior manufacturing experience is helpful
· Soft Skills: Positive attitude, willingness to learn, regular attendance, frequent interaction with others
· Must be willing to lift up to 40 pounds
· Constant lifting & bending
- Competitive base wages starting at $18.00/hour
- Monthly Goal Sharing bonus program with earning potential of up to $190 per month
- 15 Minute paid break
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- HSA w/ Employer Contribution
- Celebration of Achievements
- Employee Stock Ownership Program *Once vesting period is met
- Tuition Reimbursement
- + MORE!
To learn more about KI and the opportunity to start furnishing knowledge in a new career path please apply online or contact HR for assistance.
- Job Family Manufacturing / Operations - Plant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Manitowoc, WI - Manufacturing, 1400 S 41st St, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America