KI is seeking a General Manager to lead our Bonduel manufacturing facility. The General Manager's primary responsibility of this position is to manage all facility operations, including but not limited to customer satisfaction, manufacturing operations and personnel, engineering, human resources, building & grounds, safety, production quality, and new product introductions. The role is responsible for meeting manufacturing goals for financial and service performance of the facility.
Order Fulfillment, Quality & Financial Performance
- Provide service excellence to customer via high on-time shipments, excellent quality and quick and effective resolution of quality problems.
- Work with Finance to prepare plant operations budget and manage facility accordingly to attain to exceed contribution targets.
- Oversee manufacturing capital budget for plant, to assist the VP of Manufacturing Operations in allocation of funds for equipment investments.
- Execute management review process of the quality system to provide for ongoing improvement of the quality system and verification of quality system effectiveness.
- Submit and manage annual CI (Continuous Improvement) Plans to focus efforts to improve Quality, Lean Manufacturing, Labor Net Efficiency, Cost Savings, and Value Analysis efforts.
- Oversee product value analysis/make vs. buy decision to reduce the cost and improve value of products produced in Bonduel.
- Maintain corrective/preventative action process to ensure ongoing improvement of quality results and quality systems.
- Maintain the KI Quality System for ISO 9001:2000 certification to ensure operations execution that consistently meets customers' expectations.
- Maximize facility utilization, as measured by sales dollar per square foot.
- Engage in Demand Management to address capacity needs for plant to fulfill customer order requirements.
- Manage perpetual inventory system and ensure that sound practices are in place (i.e. cycle counting, error report management and inventory accuracy measures).
- Develop sound team/organizational structure necessary to carry out objectives of manufacturing location.
- Submit the short-term and long-term manpower requirements and training/development plans for plant to ensure viability and flexibility of management in the plant.
- Work with direct reports to review job descriptions and performance standards to coordinate the manufacturing organization, the various functions of the plant and to assist in meeting objectives.
- Maintain effective hiring procedures as well as EEOC compliance with respect to workforce diversity.
- Manage employee turnover.
- Develop exempt staff to strengthen team's skill and help them achieve their personal professional goals.
- Leverage the company's Goalsharing program to gain line management and employee support for continuous improvement.
- Develop one, two and three year objectives for facility to improve operations and assure that objectives are coordinated with corporate plans.
Safety, Environmental and Facilities Management
- Maintain an effective safety program to ensure employee safety and minimize worker's compensation claims and lost time (OSHA).
- Ensure adherence to environmental regulations.
- Ensure buildings and grounds of site are properly maintained to assure a safe work environment for our employees to project a favorable image to customers, suppliers, and the community.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related technical field required
- Minimum of five years of proven experience in manufacturing management
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, manufacturing information systems and state of the art concepts in manufacturing and supply chain management
- Strong leadership ability
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving abilities
- Job Family Manufacturing / Operations - Office
- Pay Type Salary
- Bonduel, WI - Manufacturing, 204 West South Street, Bonduel, Wisconsin, United States of America