Production Tech I-Systems (2nd Shift)
**** Position is eligible for a $1,000 Sign on Bonus ****
As a Production Technician in our Systems Department, you are responsible for the final assembly and packaging of product for the cell they are assigned. These activities must be performed efficiently, safely and with quality in mind. This position requires the use of hand tools, assembly equipment and the ability to follow production schedules.
- Perform all required production activities for the area assigned.
- Operate all assembly production equipment in an efficient and safe manner. (Presses, drill machines, robots, vacuum lifts, box banders, stitchers or any other equipment that may be in the cell)
- Operate tools required in the cell such as hand-held drills/screw guns, riveters, impact tools, screw drivers, wrenches and any other tools that may be required in the area.
- Use of the scanning equipment
- Maintain high levels of quality and follow work instruction documents
- Read and follow the production schedule
- Train new technicians
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (Kaizen events, layout planning, Value Stream Mapping as events happen)
- Provide suggestions for continuous improvement
- Monitor productivity and downtime issues to provide suggestions
- Be open to changes occurring to improve processes
- Maintain Safety as the highest priority
- Properly train new employees regarding PPE and Safety requirements in the cell
- Notify the Production Coordinator and/or Manager of safety concerns
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Competitive base wages starting at $18/hour + $2/hour Shift Premium
- Monthly Goal Sharing bonus program with earning potential of up to $190 per month
- 15 Minute paid break
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- HSA w/ Employer Contribution
- Celebration of Achievements
- Employee Stock Ownership Program *Once vesting period is met
- Tuition Reimbursement
- + MORE!
- Job Family Manufacturing / Operations - Plant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.00
- Manitowoc, WI - Manufacturing, 1400 S 41st St, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America