Tool & Die Maker/Machinist
KI, a world class supplier of innovative and award-winning furniture solutions for business, educational, and healthcare environments, is seeking a full-time Tool and Die Maker/Machinist to join our Green Bay manufacturing team. The shift for this individual can be either 2nd or 3rd shift, with hours to be agreed upon. To learn more about KI, please visit www.ki.com.
- Design, build and repair dies, fixtures, molds, tooling equipment, etc.
- Operate tool room equipment (mills, lathes, grinders, drill presses, etc.)
- Read and understand blueprints
- Sketch components complete with essential dimensions.
- Use inspection instruments (micrometers, calipers, gauges, etc.)
- Work closely with engineers and production/support technicians.
- Assist in development of new plant equipment
- Make suggestions for improvement
- Completion or ongoing progress of an Associate degree in a Machine Tool Technology or equivalent degree or completion or ongoing progress into a Journeyman Tool & Die program or Journeyman Machinist program is required.
Value Added Skills:
- Understanding of basic geometry, trigonometry and algebra.
- Utilize CAD software
- Able to understand and apply hydraulic and pneumatic principals
- Ability to utilize SURFCAM (CAD/CAM) software.
- Leadership ability
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Strong hand/eye coordination
- Team Player
- Working in areas where it can get warm
- Working in a smoke free environment
- Activities including standing, walking, lifting, twisting and bending
- Ability to lift up to 90 lbs.
- Willingness to assist in any given area of the plant if your area is slow
KI offers a welcoming work culture with competitive benefits for eligible employees. Benefits include:
- 100% Employee ownership
- Competitive health, dental, & vision insurance
- A 401(k) Plan with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Wellness resources, including an on-site fitness center and a fitness reimbursement program
- An educational reimbursement program
- Company paid life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and EAP.
- Sick pay
- Monthly Performance Bonus
- Job Family Manufacturing / Operations - Plant
- Pay Type Hourly
- Green Bay, WI - Manufacturing, 1330 Bellevue St, Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America