Green Bay, WI - Corporate, 1330 Bellevue Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America Req #1761
Friday, August 19, 2022
At KI, we believe knowing our customers helps us serve them better. We listen. We observe. We understand that each customer has unique needs. So, we pride ourselves on helping our customers make smart furniture decisions by offering expert advice, design options and personalized solutions.Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
KI is seeking an experienced Transportation Planner to join our Transportation team based out of our Corporate Headquarters in Green Bay, WI.
The Transportation Planner uses their transportation knowledge and understanding of customer delivery preferences to make decisions that balance cost and quality objectives for KI. The Transportation Planner will assist KI Project Order Coordinators with creating optimal delivery schedules for our clients. In this role, you will work with freight carriers and shipping dock personnel to execute the delivery plan. Developing and maintaining positive relationships with customer service, carrier partners, and shipping coordinators is a must.
In this role you will also:
• Create shipments in our BluJay TMS and assign mode based on shipment weight and volume
• Manage carrier selection that supports cost and on time delivery objectives
• Track shipments for on time delivery and manage exceptions as needed
• Provide freight quotes for special projects
• Pay and audit freight invoices
• Identify opportunities to improve the process
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent related work experience
• 2-5 years of experience in Transportation related field
• Strong analytical, organizational, communication and computer skills
• Ability to use MS Excel to update reports and perform basic calculations
• Self-motivated and able to make decisions independently
• Ability to negotiate with carriers to resolve problems
• Ability to think logically and understand the cost impact of decision making
KI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job Family Supply Chain / Transportation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Green Bay, WI - Corporate, 1330 Bellevue Street, Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States of America