Optometric Technician - PT
ARE YOU READY TO BE A PART OF A GROWING TEAM AND SHARE THE PASSION FOR WHAT YOU DO?
Through The Hayes Optometry - San Francisco has an immediate opening for an Optometric Technician who is highly motivated and detail oriented. The role is primary responsible for assisting the Optometrist in patient care while demo nstrating how we love eyes, care about the people behind them and execute a flawless patient experience. We are willing to train!
Under the guidance of the optometrist or location manager, assist with activities including but not limited to the following:
- Pre-screen patients before they see the optometrist, including the administration of diagnostic tests
- Gather patient’s medical history
- Communicating with doctors, staff, and patients
- Train patients on proper contact lens use and care
- Assist other members of the team as needed to reach individual and team goals
- List all appropriate diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions as directed by the doctor.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to do basic math
- Team player with good interpersonal and listening skills
- Passion for self-improvement and continuing education
- Must be flexible to accommodate schedule change(s) on short notice to fulfill business needs
- Previous experience as an Optometric Technician is preferred, but not required
- Previous experience with electronic medical records preferred, but not required
- 1+ years’ experience in optical/optometry industry preferred, but not required
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, 401K and a generous PTO plan.
BE A PART OF THIS AMAZING GROWTH AND JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Field Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- 584 Hayes St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA