Building Maintenance - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shift Openings
Title: Facilities Mechanic
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Basic Function: Troubleshoots and affects repairs on all maintenance and production equipment as well as working on construction projects. Responsible for Di Water Separation. Need to be very Versatile and flexible.
1. Must be proficient in the use of all hand tools.
2. Must have complete knowledge of all building systems and equipment (including production equipment).
3. Must be skilled in at least two (2) trades and capable of satisfactory performance in all others necessary for upkeep and operation of the plant.
4. Must be capable of precise cutting using gas torches and/or the plasma cutting system.
5. Must be capable of working with minimal supervision.
6. Must be capable of troubleshooting and repairing production and facilities equipment.
7. Must be capable of estimating materials and specification of same for the purpose of initiating a purchase request.
8. Must be able to provide system or equipment schematics as requested by supervisor.
9.May be required to assist in the preparation and/or instruction of training sessions.
10.Responsible for treatment, evaluation of quality and discharge of clear water to the public sewer system and pumping of solids to outside storage tank for pick up by outside contractor.
11.Responsible for the separation room organization, cleanliness and maintaining inventory of treatment chemicals. Tells supervisor when certain chemicals are needed.
12.Maintains daily function of deionized water system. Changes filter cartridges as needed.
13.Regenerates D.I. system as required.
14.Empties all recyclable paper drums plant wide
15.Transports off spec product outside to waste trailers.
16.Requires detailed daily records of DI water and product separation
17.Responsible for following all safety regulations including but not limited to: wearing goggles, face shield, proper clothing, etc.
18.Must be able to work with employees of a lower classification as assigned by supervisor.
19.Must be physically fit and capable of sustained exertion.
20.Must be capable of reading and adhering to kdc/one standard operating procedures.
21.Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. High School diploma
2. Three (3) years of advance training or equivalent that may be acquired from five (5) years or more years experience in various trades or in plant training in order to learn the duties and techniques involved and attain performance levels.
3. Three (3) up to five (5) or more years of experience in various trades of in plant training in this job for the same period.
4. Ability to move and lift 50+ pounds
5. Requires some basic mechanical knowledge
6. Must have valid Drivers License
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Indirect
- kdc/one Port Jervis, 20 West King Street, Port Jervis, New York, United States of America