Japanese Answering Service Customer Service Associate
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Operate telephone to provide answering service to clients. Assist customers at the JAS Clients Service Desk in providing information for various requests. Book and sell optional tours and gift products by telephone or through the internet.
Essential Job Functions
50% * Record and deliver messages, furnish information, accept orders, and relay calls. Accept and dispatch messages for customers according to specific client instructions. Handle emergency calls and resolve customer’s issues and concerns by following proper procedures; obtaining information from the caller. Report to supervisor if needed.
30% * Take customer information, arrange the services and submit reservation requests to vendors by telephone and systems. Update next shift on all unresolved messages or incidents.
20% * Compute charges, receive charge card payments, and reconfirm tour details with the customer.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
1. High school graduate
2. At least one (1) year experience in a call center or customer service environment.
Skills and Knowledge
1. Possess strong listening and communication skills.
2. Possess strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
3. Possess working of telephone operation and etiquette, computer proficiency, including good data-entry and typing skills.
4. Able to perform multiple tasks.
5. Possess knowledge of tour industry, tour movements, and arrangements; working knowledge of Hawaii’s tourism infrastructure, and understanding of different countries’ tour characteristics and needs.
6. Able to use computer with specific knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and email programs.
7. Able to resolve conflicts and complaints from customers in an effective and friendly manner.
8. Must be able to speak, write, and read in English and Japanese.
1. Normal business hours: 24 hours, Sunday – Saturday, including holidays.
2. Full-time - up to 40 hours per week with overtime, as deemed necessary, with prior management approval. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, any day of the week, including holidays.
3. Part-time - up to 20 hours per week. Must be able to work a flexible schedule any day of the week, including holidays.
Air conditioned office or, remote workplace.
Computer, calculator, telephone and other standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. Constant – sitting, grasping, handling, finger dexterity, vision, hearing
2. Seldom – standing, walking, bending, forward and overhead reaching, twisting
3. Not applicable – pushing, pulling/lifting/carrying any weight less than and over 25 lbs., running, stair climbing, crawling, squatting, kneeling, stooping, climbing, crouching, side bending, eye-hand-foot coordination.
4. Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
5. Flexible to react quickly and appropriately to challenging situations.
1. Constant – requires talking and written communication to customers and outside trade persons/vendors, talking on the telephone;
2. Frequent – requires talking and written communication to co-workers;
3. Frequent – requires written or verbal requests of co-workers and vendors;
4. Frequent – requires receiving verbal and written instructions; writing/composing written language, reading;
5. Not applicable - supervising others, training/giving verbal instructions, visiting/working at different worksites.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 735 Iwilei Rd, Honolulu, HI 96817, USA