The Project Manager/Senior Engineering Specialist is an advanced-level engineering role and identified subject matter expert (SME) of key centers of JOA knowledge, accountable for and responsible to skillfully drive excellence among large-scale project management, or strategic technology and process development initiatives through the innovative application of leading-edge technology and industry knowledge alike.
Job Responsibilities & Essential Expectations of the Job:
· Accountable for and responsible to effectively drive excellence among critical centers of JOA knowledge as a SME.
· Professional management of major projects within defined budget, scope, and schedule among commercial equipment, process and technology development, and internal initiatives.
· Lead strategic initiatives among technology and process improvement action plans.
· Drive continuous improvement among business operations.
· Professionally present JOA technology or project updates to key stakeholders.
· Conduct project planning and review meetings to define action plans, resource plans, schedules, budgets, risk assessments and contingency plans.
· Lead hands-on scientific-based problem-solving initiatives among equipment commissioning at JOA and customer sites.
· Develop others for succession of critical knowledge and skill sets.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or a related discipline; or equivalent academic and practical experience.
· 6+ years of applicable experience in converting equipment system design preferred.
· PMI-based project management competence from leading projects or technology development.
· Project Management Certification, preferred.
· Subject matter expert of critical technology and/or among a diversity of key technology.
· Strong analytic skills to troubleshoot equipment/processes and implement solutions.
· Ability to effectively utilize complex software for design, problem solving, and documentation.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to present findings in a group.
· Ability to collaborate among a team and provide work direction of key tasks.
Job Physical Requirements:
· Ability to work a full day on a computer.
· Ability to lift and move objects up to twenty-five pounds in weight.
· Ability to use hand tools and monitoring/testing equipment.
· Ability to occasionally climb a ladder and maneuver into tight spaces.
· Ability to work area in an environment that is loud and without air conditioning during machine commissioning and/or problem-solving.
· Ability to wear personal protective equipment (safety shoes, glasses, ear protection).
· Must travel for company business up to (~20%) international and domestic travel.
Curt G. Joa, Inc. is and Equal Opportunity Employer.