Experienced Tax Preparer
As a Seasonal Tax Expert, you will be responsible for providing expert guidance, explaining, preparing, and completing accurately tax-related forms for clients, including multiyear, multistate, and year-end tax forms. You will also provide clients with IRS audit support. Complete E-filing, provide printed copies of returns for clients to review, sign and e-file these forms to IRS and state agencies.
Flexible Schedules Available:
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Full-time or Part-time
- Looking to learn a new career and break into the tax industry?
- Someone with gaps in their work history or is looking to boost their skills and resume?
- Someone who is looking to get back into the workforce?
- New to the workforce or with limited experience/education and a willingness to learn?
- Retired and want to continue to make an impact?
- Someone without a college diploma? No problem!
- A Veteran or military personnel transitioning to civilian life?
- A military spouse, dependent, or caregiver seeking a seasonal opportunity?
- A recent college graduate or current college student?
- A stay-at-home parent who needs a flexible work schedule?
- A gig worker or looking to add a second income?
- Bilingual? Bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
What you’ll do here:
- Conduct face-to-face tax interviews with clients.
- Generate business growth, increase client retention, and offer additional products and services.
- Answer client calls via our national call center routing system.
- Answer tax related questions and provide future tax planning to clients in a timely fashion.
- Collection and processing of clients’ payments while ensuring timely deposits.
- Marketing and business generation efforts.
- Resolve client complaints or refer situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution.
- Support office priorities through teamwork and collaboration.
- Mentor and support teammates, providing guidance and in some cases acting as a lead.
- This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature which requires a working knowledge of the business.
Skills you’ll bring for success:
- 2+ seasons of previous tax experience.
- Experience completing individual, trust, &/or partnership tax returns.
- Passion for providing extraordinary customer service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful completion of the Jackson Hewitt Tax Knowledge Assessment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Field Instructor, Remote Support, or Call Center certification a plus.
- Tax planning and audit support experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field a plus.
- CPA or Enrolled Agent license a bonus.
- PTIN Certification: Yes
What you’ll get if you join us:
- Eligible for year-end annual bonus program
- 401k with Company Match (eligible to participate after working first 1,000 hours)
- Medical Low Plan with Company HSA Match (eligible to participate after working 1,500 hours annually)
- Teladoc (Unlimited Teladoc sessions, $13 per month to seasonal employees)
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Corporate discount program
- Flexible work schedule
- Free tax preparation training and PTIN registration
- Free tax filing services for all JH employees
- Professional development and continuous training
- Expand your leadership and operational knowledge
- Learn from the leaders how to best support clients in busy retail tax locations
- Make a visible impact within the organization
- Join a fast-paced, innovative culture with an open and collaborative environment
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets and have a stake in your own success
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization
- Join a great organization that cares about employees!
At Jackson Hewitt, we provide an invaluable service in guiding our clients through the tax codes, rules, and processes. We do this with integrity, quality, and consistency. This is something that most taxpayers do not receive from DIY or other assisted providers. We take pride in that. The role you play is critical to our success and together we are “Working Hard for the Hardest Working Americans”. This is our mission, and it is a large part of why we work here. Together we are highly passionate about what we do, and how we can help our clients. Doing taxes is much more than filling in some forms. For most Americans, their tax return is the biggest single financial event of the year. That is where you come in! We are here to ease their stress and provide expert customer service and tax knowledge.
- Job Family Store Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Job Start Date Thursday, November 17, 2022
- Job End Date Saturday, April 15, 2023
- Big Spring, TX 79720, USA
- Fort Stockton, TX 79735, USA
- Pecos, TX 79772, USA
- Snyder, TX 79549, USA