Jackson Hewitt is more than just a tax company, we are one of the nation’s largest retailers and we’re on a journey to transform technology to provide the best service to our clients.
Our Technology team has adopted Agile practices and some of the best technology to make sure we're delivering first-class service to every client, every time.
Are you curious about working in an agile environment? How about working with cloud technology, cyber security and business intelligence? Join us as we move to the next level of innovation and continue to make Jackson Hewitt the best tax service available. As an intern with JH, you can intern for summer, one semester, or join us year- round. Taking your school schedule into consideration, JH also offers flexible schedules ranging from 20-40 hours a week.
The Agile Intern will be a part of the Product Management team supporting projects to deliver software features across a suite of software-as-a-service applications. This role will develop student understanding of the role of the Product Owner and Scrum Master on a software development team. You’ll gain first-hand access to the agile scrum software development process and be part of a scrum team delivering work in sprints. Interns will be exposed to the Jackson Hewitt’s product suite and be tasked with various projects to enhance development and understanding of process and practices used to develop software at Jackson Hewitt.
- Feature Elaboration: Leverage company-wide knowledge, personal creativity, and problem solving to help design, define, and test new features for the product suite solving to help design, define, and test new features for the product suite.
- Manage the Software Development Lifecycle: Work with software development teams and business stakeholders to deliver requirements, review requirements, and work on an agile scrum team to deliver software business stakeholders to deliver requirements, review requirements, and work on an agile scrum team to deliver software.
- Documentation: Assist in management of internal and external documentation/ communication regarding products as new releases are rolled out regarding products as new releases are rolled out.
- Inter-Department Communication: Support internal processes related to product features and releases by filling open gaps and defining best practices for communication between the product management team and the commercial, marketing, and product development teams around the world releases by filling open gaps and defining best practices for communication between the product management team and the commercial, marketing, and product development teams around the world.
An intern on our IT Operations team will have the opportunity to learn and affect several key areas:
- Help with Cyber Security to analyze the latest cyber threat intel journals and assess the impact on a typical IT setup. You’ll help create reports and documentation around cyber security threats published that are related to the company. There will be opportunity to research logs collected from various network devices to identify security risks. You’ll learn to understand the network and security deployment models.
- Learn the various activities involved with & gain a solid understanding of DevOps and Release Automation, including the Release and Change Management review and approval processes. You may help by reviewing and approving changes for Non-Production and Production, reviewing and updating the documentation and providing process improvement suggestions. Use tools and processes to implement at least one operation in a program thru current workflows of a tool. Develop a script or program to automate a DevOps initiative.
- Develop a strong understanding of our business and relate issues to business impacts with IT Infrastructure. You’ll understand how to triage and prioritize issues and will escalate problems to management. You’ll maintain a strong working knowledge of supported systems and continually strive to enhance knowledge through ongoing training, reading, and participating in projects and improvement initiatives. You may help to respond to alerts or emergency issues within 15 minutes during normal business hours & process and handle requests and orders for computer equipment throughout the lifecycle of the equipment.
- Gain a solid understanding of the role and activities of a Database Administrator (DBA) by performing selected DBA activities in a controlled environment ensuring a safe and successful experience. You’ll gain a solid understanding of SDLC lifecycle release and change management, access, security and compliance, enterprise system monitoring.
Jump in and begin executing pre-defined tests for a variety of projects. Participate in defect reporting, test result verification, and routine status updates. Help our team ensure all benchmarks are being met and reported accurately to the project teams, QA manager, and other product stakeholders.
- Create and develop test cases specified project requirements and stories
- Manually execute test cases
- Create and maintain test results in a designated library
- Accurately report and track defects
- Pro-actively report “red flag” issues to QA Leads
- Coordinate test activities with test schedules for assigned projects
- Develop and maintain effective communication skills in working with both technical and non-technical team members
The Tax Development team designs and develops tax content and calculations for IRS and state tax agency forms to enable Jackson Hewitt to deliver quality technology solutions to the business. As an intern, you may assist the team with:
- Identifying tax law changes
- Creation of tax returns to validate with IRS and state agencies
- Communications with IRS and state agencies to facilitate the testing and approval process
- Testing of the software to ensure it meets the defined requirements
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Must be within 2 years of graduating from current program/degree
- Must be enrolled in school part-time (summer enrollment is not required), or graduated no more than 6 months ago
What you will get from your internship:
- All interns are paid a competitive wage, and earn more when you return to intern with us again!
- Casual attire…Yes, you can wear jeans every day!
- Hands-on training alongside experienced professionals
- Paid technical, career, and business training sessions
- Ample opportunity to develop core and new skillsets, and have a stake in your own success
- Interact with executive-level leadership
- Company celebrations and appreciation events
- Paid instructor-led training in topics; such as Agile, LinkedIn Presence, Interviewing, etc.
- Access to JH’s database of free online training courses
- Paired with a mentor to help guide you in your learning
JH offers a fast-paced, innovative culture where openness and collaboration are key.
Enjoy the freedom to create your best work while making a visible impact on the organization.
- Job Family Technology
- Pay Type Hourly
- 501 N Cattlemen Rd Ste 300, 501 N Cattlemen Rd Ste 300, Sarasota, Florida, United States of America