Automation Controls Technician - Maintenance
This position is responsible for supporting the Maintenance and Manufacturing areas from a Controls and Electrical standpoint. Supporting equipment reliability improvements and maintenance activities of equipment will be a focus, due to volume increase in JCB products.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Setup, configuring, testing, and implementation of computer control systems used for production automation and industrial equipment.
§ Upgrade and / or maintain existing controls systems and components.
§ Support the installation of new automation or controls systems.
§ Technical troubleshooting of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic controls related to manufacturing and facilities.
Nature & Scope
- Reports to the Controls Engineer of Advance Manufacturing and Reliability
- Must pass applicable drug screens, background checks and pre-employment tests
- 1-3 years PLC programming experience utilizing Siemens / Rockwell Automation based controls
- AutoCAD design software experience maintaining schematics
- 1-3 years of manufacturing support experience
- Prior launch experience where capital improvements have been made
- PFMEA, risk assessments on equipment and safety
- Associates degree, Manufacturing or Electrical technology, mechatronics, computer, software engineering.
- +5 years of manufacturing support experience
- Heavy equipment or automotive manufacturing experience.
- Assembly tooling knowledge, Atlas Copco, Stanley.
- Robotics experience, Fanuc, Kawasaki.
- Database management experience, SQL Server
- Fabrication and Paint System equipment knowledge
- Root Cause Analysis of equipment and system Issues
- Analyzation of Data to drive sustainable KPI improvements
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Able to work effectively in a team environment through delegation
- Effective at verbal and written communication
- Manufacturing process knowledge in the areas of: Assembly, Fabrication and Paint
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Sound analytical skills with a practical balance of “shop floor” experience
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required Physical Requirements
- Flexible schedule sometimes required to support equipment repair and integration efforts.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs, frequently and/or move up to 35lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Must be able to perform continuous, repetitious physical activities. These activities may involve fine movements or large motions
- Must be able to grasp/pinch small items, reach out and up, and turn wrist
- Must be capable of keeping pace with current production speed
- Must be able to push/pull with reasonable force
- Must be able to perform the following requirements of bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in multiple climates including hot/cold temperatures, and dusty environment
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO EMPLOYER/VET/DISABLED
- Job Family Manufacturing Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pooler, GA, USA