Paint Team Lead
This position is essential for maintaining an optimum span of control for Team Members and to give adequate support, training and development to Team Members.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Lead the paint team in a production environment
- Perform labor operations such as load/unload of paint line, material movement, powder and wet painting, and daily 5S of area.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes and mobile equipment (forklift, tugger, etc.)
- Supporting and developing the team and team members
- Continuously measuring and improving safety, quality, efficiency and cost
- Conducting daily safety meetings and team meetings
- Filling in for absenteeism
- Providing training and feedback to fellow team members to help facilitate continuous improvement
Nature & Scope
Reports to Paint Group Leader / Manager
Must pass applicable drug screens, background checks and pre-employment tests
High school diploma
Two years of paint experience in a manufacturing environment
One year of experience in a supervisory/team leader role
Associate degree in manufacturing or related field
Three years of paint experience in a related industry
Two years of experience in a supervisory/team leader role
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and self-directed
- Multi-task while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Flexibility with work activities; available to work overtime
- Operate a forklift, pneumatic or various hand tools and/or heavy equipment or the demonstrated ability to learn
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
Physical Requirements of the job in Manufacturing for JCB
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including but not limited to 12 hour shifts/7 days a week.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs, frequently and/or move up to 35lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to perform continuous, repetitious physical activities. These activities may involve fine movements or large motions.
- Must be able to grasp/pinch small items, reach out and up, and turn wrist.
- Must be capable of keeping pace with current production speed.
- Must be able to push/pull with reasonable force.
- Must be able to perform the following requirements of bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in multiple climates including: hot/cold temperatures, and dusty environment.
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO EMPLOYER/VET/DISABLED
- Job Family Manufacturing Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pooler, GA, USA