Quality Assurance Technician
The Quality Assurance Technician is involved in the entire course of manufacturing. They may inspect components before assembly, analyze trial products during development, or test finished goods. During these processes, they record and analyze the results to decide whether to certify or reject specific products. The QAT will us this data to solve production issues and recommend improvements. Other duties may include preparing inspection plans, training new technicians, repairing damaged material or products.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities
- Comply with all safety requirements and proper use of (PPE) Personal Protective Equipment
- Understand and practice company Quality Policies
- Perform dock audits
- Record inspection and test results.
- Communicate inspection/test results to other team members, Supervisors or Managers.
- Conduct repair of defects when necessary or facilitate team members making repairs.
- Maintain Quality Assurance Department records, both hard copy and electronic copy
- Report all questionable items, materials and/or processes to appropriate management for analysis and disposition
- Responsible individual with strong work ethic
- You must be able to lift 50 - 80 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to use hand tools and learn specific machine controls, gauges, etc.
- Ability to solve problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to complete any required documentation.
Nature & Scope
Reports to Group Lead or Manager
- Must pass any drug screens, background checks and any pre-employments tests as applicable.
- High school diploma
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Ability to use hand tools
- Associates Degree preferred
- Understanding of specifications and labels of hazardous materials
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
· Analytical - Collects and researches data utilizing statistical methods to improve insight and understanding.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
· Interpersonal - Keeps emotions under control. Is not knocked off balance by the unexpected.
· Verbal Communication – Practices attentive and active listening and has the patience to hear people out. Can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees. Responds well to questions.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly, succinctly, and informatively; presents numerical data effectively.
· Ethics - Inspires the trust of others by adhering to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs regardless of circumstances.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
· Timeliness – Meets deadlines with timely output. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
· Quantity - Strives to increase productivity.
· Safety and Security – Adheres to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions to the appropriate leadership.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including but not limited to 12-hour shifts/7 days a week.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10lbs, frequently and/or move up to 35lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to perform continuous, repetitious physical activities. These activities may involve fine movements or large motions.
- Must be able to grasp/pinch small items, reach out and up, and turn wrist.
- Must be capable of keeping pace with current production speed.
- Must be able to push/pull with reasonable force.
- Must be able to perform the following requirements of bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in multiple climates including hot/cold temperatures, and dusty environment.
JCB is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. JCB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO EMPLOYER/VETS/DISABLED
- Job Family Manufacturing Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pooler, GA, USA