RN Case Manager
The Mishkon Division provides supports and services in a healthy and safe environment for individuals with intellectual/ developmental disabilities living in residential programs and in community settings. Our core values are to provide a healthy and safe environment that promotes person centered planning, community integration, and close collaboration with families and the community. This is all accomplished through an Orthodox Jewish lens, and with an understanding that staff, at all levels of the division, is the determining factor in achieving positive outcomes for our clients.
The RN Case Manager is the direct link between medical services and the ICF residents and staff as well as clinical professionals outside of the agency. The RN Case manager is responsible for the complete nursing care and performance of all routine medical procedures within the scope of the nursing practice. The RN case manager supervises AMAP and Direct Support Professionals in the performance of nursing tasks and activities. The RN must learn and follow rules and regulations of OPWDD and The Jewish Board policies and procedures. The RN must be capable of supervising, understanding and working effectively with a diverse population.
- KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (List the functions that are essential to achieve the goals):
- Provides nursing care according to MD orders, in compliance with nursing and regulatory standards.
- Complete the assigned Residential Nursing checklist during visit to the assigned residence.
- Monitors individuals health needs to ensure well-being.
- Provides ongoing care as well as care for minor illnesses, emergencies and injuries to individuals.
- Documents timely, outcome based information.
- Assists in medication administration; prepares and delivers treatments as needed.
- Checks medications and supply inventory, providing documented reports to the RN Case Manager, as necessary.
- Assists in the training of direct care staff regarding medical information, medication administration and other services, as assigned by the RN case manager or Director of Medical Services.
- Provides oversight of AMAP staff and reports findings or issues of concern to the RN Case Manager.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State, local and OSHA regulations.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary treatment team process.
- Participate in meetings, on call, trainings and seminars as required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED: New York State RN License, Associated degree of Nursing or higher
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE
2-3 years of Case Management experience or 1 year of OPWDD experience
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED
Competent with Electronic Health Record
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8833 - Hospital - Professional Employees
- Min Hiring Rate $93,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $93,000.00
- Required Education Associate Degree
- 1358 56th St, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA