Direct Support Professional - UP TO $2,500.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
Make a bigger difference as a Direct Support Professional - UP TO $2,500.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) are caring, positive role models who work one-on-one or in small groups to help people of all ages lead safe, full, and independent lives.
As a Direct Support Professional at The Jewish Board, you’ll be a teacher, a mentor, a role model, and a friend, helping the people you work with achieve a great quality of life. Your client could be anyone from a child who is in the foster care system, to a young adult living with ongoing mental health issues, to an adult with intellectual and developmental disabilities. You’ll work to support them in a caring manner, in everything from daily routines such as making plans with friends, to joining community events, to grocery shopping and cooking, to participating in recreational activities, and building skills around personal care and relationships.
Being a DSP is not just a job – it’s an amazing opportunity to help others thrive.
- A High School diploma or GED equivalent
- A current, valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Reasons you’ll love working as a DSP at The Jewish Board
- If you have a particular age or type of person you’re interested in working with, you can find your niche here.
- Our clients and staff are as diverse as New York City, and include people of all cultures, religions, races, genders, and sexual orientations.
- With over 50 locations throughout the five boroughs, you can work close to where you live.
- Generous vacation time and paid holidays help you achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- We offer an excellent benefits package with affordable, high-quality health and dental insurance with low co-pays.
- You’ll get extensive, on-the-job training to help you grow and succeed
If you join us, you’ll receive these great benefits
- A signing bonus of $2,500
- Generous paid time off (3 weeks to start) in addition to 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days
- Affordable and high-quality medical/dental/vision plan
- 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Flexible spending accounts for health and transportation
- 24/7 Accessible Employee Assistance Program
- Life and disability insurance
Why The Jewish Board? Because you’ll make a Bigger Difference
At The Jewish Board, we don’t just make a difference – we make a bigger difference, delivering innovative, high-quality, and compassionate mental health and social services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families to children, teens, and adults.
We are proud to employ and serve people of all religions, races, cultural backgrounds, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. We are committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams to help support our mission, and we strongly encourage candidates from historically marginalized backgrounds to apply to work with us. Join our team and see just how big of a difference you can make.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Direct Care [200s]
- Job Function Paraprofessionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8810 - Clerical Office Employees NOC
- Min Hiring Rate $17.00
- Max Hiring Rate $18.60
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Staten Island, NY, USA