Social Worker- UP TO $5,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
At The Jewish Board, we don’t just make a difference – we make a bigger difference as we serve 45,000 New Yorkers every year. Join our dedicated team that’s been helping communities across New York City for almost 150 years and see just how big of a difference you can make.
Reasons you’ll love working with us:
- If you have a particular age range or population you’re interested in working with, you can find your niche here. Our clients and staff are as diverse as the city we work in, and include people of all cultures, religions, races, gender expressions, and sexual orientations.
- We’re committed to supporting your career development by encouraging mobility and advancement across different program types and jobs.
- With 70 locations throughout the five boroughs, you can work close to where you live.
- Generous vacation time and 15 paid holidays will help you achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- We offer an excellent benefits package with affordable, high-quality health and dental insurance with low co-pays.
- You’ll receive ongoing support through high-quality supervision, specialized trainings from our Continuing Education team, and an education benefit.
How you can make a bigger difference:
The Grand Concourse Counseling Center offers the following services: child, teen, adult, and family services, emotional crisis, living with mental illness, addiction recovery, forging healthy relationships, sadness, worry and loss.
The responsibilities of the Social Worker are as follows:
- Conducting comprehensive evaluations and psychosocial assessments
- Developing treatment plans in collaboration with clients and family members (as appropriate), to identify treatment needs and interventions and review/revise treatment plans to reflect client’s treatment progress and changing problems/goals.
- Providing individual, group, family, collateral treatment and crisis services/interventions
- Be actively self-reflective & self-aware of how clinical and administrative practice impacts clients, families, and the communities we serve
- Approaching work with an anti-racist lens and open to continuously learning and evolving
- Liaising with families, schools, criminal justice, and other community agencies to coordinate care
- Participating in clinical meetings, staff meetings, trainings, and supervision
- Open and willing to receive constructive feedback
- Maintaining documentation according to the standards and time frames established by the Jewish Board, regulatory agencies and/or funding sources
- Maintaining professional behaviors and ethical standards as established by licensing board, relevant professional association and the Jewish Board policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented Social Workers of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in counseling, or social work from an accredited program AND a New York State License or limited permit in Mental Health Counseling (LMHC); or social work (LMSW) required.
- Experience with documenting in electronic health records and using Microsoft Office software
- Experience with telemental health platforms a plus
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and communication skills needed.
- Must be able to maintain composure when addressing stressful and/or challenging situations.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaker preferred.
If you join us, you’ll have these great benefits:
- Generous paid time off in addition to 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days
- Affordable and high-quality medical/dental/vision plans
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Free continuing education opportunities
- 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Flexible spending accounts for health and transportation
- 27/7 Accessible Employee Assistance Program
- Life and disability insurance
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion working groups that are available for you to join, including Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
Who we are:
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, high-quality, and compassionate mental health and social services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families to children, teens, and adults. We are proud to employ and serve people of all religions, races, cultural backgrounds, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. We are committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams to help support our mission, and we strongly encourage candidates from historically marginalized backgrounds to apply to work with us.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Social Workers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8832 - Physician & Clerical
- Min Hiring Rate $54,614.00
- Max Hiring Rate $57,614.00
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 2488 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10458, USA