Marketing & Corporate Communications Intern
Janney’s Corporate Internship Program is a 10-week paid opportunity beginning June 5, 2023 – August 11, 2023, for students entering their senior year of undergraduate study who are on track to graduate in Spring/Summer 2024.
The Marketing & Corporate Communications Intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and knowledge about an in-house corporate marketing and communications function in a professional services industry. The intern will be exposed to all components of a marketing and communication function including brand management, multi-channel marketing campaigns, content development, content distribution, internal communications, public relations, digital media, and marketing analytics.
What you are good at:
- Communication: Exceptional written, verbal, and empathetic communication skills
- Customer Service: Able to anticipate and meet customer needs and have a proven ability to develop rapport with external clients and internal customers
- Prioritizing: Operate in a fast-paced environment effectively managing competing priorities and responsibilities to meet critical deadlines
- Building Relationships: Connecting with others in a way that fosters trust and creates collaborative relationships
- Assist with day-to-day marketing production services including writing, editing, graphic design, web site editing, and email marketing
- Assist in internal content development and distribution management including use of the firm’s web-based content management system (CMS) platform for Janney’s intranet
- Fulfill other marketing and communication administrative and special projects as assigned
- Track, report on, and analyze the performance of multi-channel marketing initiatives to provide actionable feedback and next steps where applicable
What you have:
- A high level of initiative and motivation
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner in a project or deadline-driven environment
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all organizational levels
- A strong desire to learn to and quickly grasp concepts and information to apply to work assignments
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while maintain a strong sense of urgency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in extracurricular activities
- Desire for a career in the financial services Indus
Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year accredited college/university and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a rising Senior (graduating in Spring/Summer 2024)
- Ability to work full-time (37.5 hours/week) during the internship
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Marketing or Communications majors preferred
- Application deadline is 04/8/23
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm. Attracting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent is a priority for the firm. We succeed because of the people who choose to work here; the depth of their skills, experiences, diversity of thoughts and backgrounds.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America