Director of Operations
This senior leadership position will oversee multiple areas in Operations in support of Janney’s Private Client and Capital Markets businesses. The Director will lead efforts to transform operational processes, improve controls and deliver an outstanding client experience.
- Provide senior level strategic direction for business initiatives
- Build an amazing team - recruit, develop and retain talent
- Create and execute strategy to rollout a quality control program across operations
- Drive change and create a culture of continuous improvement
- Represent the Operations Department on Firm and Industry level projects
- Proactively recommend innovations and modifications in line with industry requirements and corporate goals/objectives to improve operational processes, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Organize/execute department projects on time and within budget
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and Janney Policies.
- Perform a variety of management and administrative duties that contribute to the overall efficiency
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial services; minimum 5 years of operations leadership experience
- Demonstrated success leading operational functions including trading, settlement, risk & control functions, and client reporting
- Possess FINRA Series 7 & 24
- Strong management, interpersonal skills and exceptional written and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and creatively and perform at a high level in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Able to work a hybrid schedule of approximately 3 days in the Philadelphia office
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm. Attracting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent is a priority for the firm. We succeed because of the people who choose to work here; the depth of their skills, experiences, diversity of thoughts and backgrounds.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America