The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Administrative Coordinator to provide support for the Investment Banking Department. The Assistant will be responsible for administrative duties and special projects. This position requires proficiency in Microsoft Office, excellent communication skills, professionalism, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. The Assistant must be comfortable interacting with clients at the senior executive level.
What you are good at:
- Building Relationships – Connecting with others in a way that fosters trust, creates collaborative relationships, and preserves established team culture.
- Client Service – Meeting and exceeding customer expectations by providing timely and attentive responses to Client requests.
- Analytical ability – Able to effectively review information and data to identify issues and opportunities.
- Initiative – Proactively look for opportunities to enhance our business processing framework and be involved in team projects and ability to problem solve.
- Provide support of the day-to-day operations of the office, including office facilities, and other related operational details of the office.
- Schedule internal and external meetings.
- Assists with the implementation of department policies.
- Provide administrative support for department head and other professionals.
- Prepares and distributes divisional correspondence, memos, letters, reports or other documents as requested.
- Responsible for participation in general administrative duties (copying, filing, archiving, printing, mail distribution), ad-hoc projects, committees and or group events.
- Plan and prepare marketing materials for conferences, clients, employees and special events.
- Act as a liaison for IT departmental and facilities related needs. Ordering supplies, software, hardware and new equipment as needed.
- Accounting: Ensure accurate department expense processing and reporting
- Prepare and review expense reports for client invoicing and posting expense details for client billing.
- Process and track payables and invoices.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes client billing, budget and marketing information to be included in reports.
- Prepare reports as required.
- 5 years of administrative experience or equivalent education experience.
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Professionalism and confidentiality in the performance of all duties.
- Excellent skills in organization, problem-solving and communication, written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently, adjust to changing deadlines, manage multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Computer Skills including Microsoft Office.
- Work hours may extend beyond close of business as required by business needs.
- Working knowledge of the financial industry is a plus.
- Experience with accounting and expense reporting software is a plus.
- Presentation and marketing experience a plus.
This role will be hybrid, the individual will work approximately three days per week in-office.
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm. Attracting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent is a priority for the firm. We succeed because of the people who choose to work here; the depth of their skills, experiences, diversity of thoughts and backgrounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America