Learning and Organizational Development Program Manager
Working in-concert with the broad HR Team and other key firm stakeholders this role develops a variety of training and organizational development solutions/programs to close both skill and competency gaps resulting in improved employee effectiveness, productivity and engagement. The incumbent also serves as the HR content expert for the courses housed and selected as part of the Janney Learning Management System (LMS). Works closely with an HR Coordinator to assign appropriate e-learning courses, tracks attendance and completion rates and develops/distributes reports for manager evaluation and follow-up.
What you are good at:
- Building Relationships – Connecting with others in a way that fosters trust, creates collaborative relationships, and preserves established team culture.
- Client Service – Meeting and exceeding customer expectations by providing timely and attentive responses to branch requests.
- Analytical ability – Able to effectively review information and data to identify issues and opportunities.
- Initiative – Proactively look for opportunities to enhance our business processing framework and be involved in team projects.
- The Learning and OD Manager analyzes performance gaps and defines training needs. Works in concert with key stakeholders to conduct both formal and informal needs assessments the goal of which is to close both skill and competency gaps (current versus required).
- Independently designs, develops and delivers professional and leadership development skills training to internal client population. When called upon leads projects or project teams in the design, delivery and evaluation of programs. Coordinates with key stakeholders to ensure applicability of course content with target audience and quality of training materials.
- Offers a portfolio of learning/training solutions to include instructor led training programs, job aids, e-learning courses/ webinars, train-the-trainer programs, and other hands-on workshops.
- When required mobilizes, coaches and coordinates internal and external training resources to develop and deliver training in support of established career development initiatives.
- Via surveys and other measurement tools evaluates feedback and measures training effectiveness, knowledge application and employee engagement. Incorporates learner feedback and changing business requirements to continuously improve course content and training delivery.
- Serves the HR co-administrator and content expert for the Janney Learning Management System (LMS). Identifies and selects professional development courses for assignment/distribution via e-learning. Collaborates with an HR coordinator to assign and track attendance/completion rates. Develops, analyzes and distributes reports for manager evaluation and follow-up.
- Performs other HR related duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of training and development experience; experience in delivering Organizational Development (OD) type solutions in support of strategic goals and objectives preferred
- 3-5 years in the financial services industry, preferably in the broker-dealer/investment banking industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Training and Development, Business, Human Resources or a related area;
- Professional certification/designations (e.g., CPLP, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, MBTI, DISC, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of Articulate or other authoring tool to design and develop content for virtual learning preferred
- Strong platform/facilitation skills
- Ability to create and facilitate learning and development programs using adult learning principles and practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of instructional design methodology (ADDIE) and best practices
- Strong business acumen and the ability to establish rapport at all levels of the firm
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to convey materials and data in a modern visual manner
- Experience using virtual classroom technology for facilitation of distance learning programs (i.e. WebEx, Zoom, and MS Teams)
- Ability to analyze data effectively to “tell the story” behind the information
- Able to multitask with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Possess strong leadership and influence skills to be seen as a partner to the business
- Outgoing, high energy, and enjoy frequent interaction with others
- Ability to build and maintain solid relationships with internal team members and partners as well as external vendors
- Strong project management skills and practices
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm. Attracting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent is a priority for the firm. We succeed because of the people who choose to work here; the depth of their skills, experiences, diversity of thoughts and backgrounds.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America