Medical Director - Residential Center for Healing & Resilience
The Idaho Youth Ranch is one of the oldest and largest non-profit agencies in the state of Idaho. Our mission:
We unite for Idaho’s youth by providing accessible programs and services that nurture hope, healing, and resilience.
How will you impact our mission? Be a part of setting a new standard for residential care for generations to come. Successful candidates will have a once-in-a-career opportunity to be a part of the opening of our new Residential Center for Healing and Resilience, a 64-bed psychiatric residential treatment facility (PRTF) for youth, currently under construction at our beautiful 258-acre Hands of Promise Campus in Idaho’s Treasure Valley.
Why unite with us? Because we are better together! Our team members enjoy a workplace where Relationships are the foundation, where we are all Committed to the same mission, where Growth is always possible, where we are treated with and show Compassion, where trust guides us to Transparency, and above all, where Joy sustains us.
What do we offer? In addition to contributing to our awesome mission, working at IYR has many advantages! Affordable medical and dental care, other voluntary benefits offerings, a 401(k) match, paid time off, an employee discount on purchases at our thrift stores, and working in a caring and compassionate environment just to name a few.
As a Medical Director, you will be directly involved in nurturing the hope, healing, and resilience in Idaho as part of our founding senior leadership team. This team will be leading the development of our programs, selecting and building our staff and organizational culture and advancing leading practices in trauma-informed, youth-guided and family-driven behavioral health practices.
- MD with a specialty in Psychiatry
- Idaho State Licensure associated with the degree (Board Certified or Eligible)
- Prior experience working with adolescent population in clinical, residential or hospital setting
- Experience with Joint Commission and/or other accrediting and/or regulatory bodies preferred.
Our Medical Director:
- Conducts psychiatric assessments and medical evaluations on all new admissions
- Provides guidance and oversight to the Care Team regarding treatment goals and objectives and discharge criteria
- Conducts face to face interviews with youth
- Provides case consultation services to Individual and Family Therapists and Case Managers regarding assessment, diagnosis and treatment planning
- Demonstrates competency in Collaborative Problem Solving and provides clinical leadership in line with this approach
- Provide direct training in clinical areas to all RCHR staff on a rotating basis
Residential Center staff are required to be up to date with various vaccinations, including the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines, barring an approved exemption.
As a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit, the Idaho Youth Ranch is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PLSF) program. The PLSF offers student loan forgiveness on qualifying loans under specific conditions. Speak with your loan provider for more information.
- Job Family Current Jobs
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Doctorate
- 28371 El Paso Rd, Caldwell, ID 83607, USA