Sr. Technical Accountant
The Senior Technical Accountant is responsible for performing technical accounting duties for the Company, which are generally more complex areas. Also responsible for analyzing and accounting for complex transactions including revenue (ASC 606), business combinations, debt, leases (ASC 842), intangible asset impairment, equity, and stock-based compensation. Work closely on internal and external reporting, including SEC filings.
What you will be doing:
- Perform ASC 606 (Revenue from Contracts with Customers) contract analysis including relevant documentation of management’s assessment and results ensuring that revenue is properly and timely recognized and that the overall economics of the deal are in line with company targets/goals.
- Review and advise on technical accounting issues for appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) treatment, including merger and acquisition (M&A) activity, stock-based compensation, investment, leases (ASC 842), new accounting pronouncements, and other complex accounting matters.
- Prepare and record journal entries and perform account reconciliations in areas including equity, goodwill, intangible assets, investment, accruals, and other technical areas.
- Contribute to the drafting and reviewing disclosures in all SEC filings. Review the accuracy of data included in quarterly earnings press releases and other investor materials.
- Key role in the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures with a focus of ensuring complete and accurate reports & analyses as well as delivering these results on time. Partner with Project Accounting, General Accounting, Finance, Legal, and Operation to review and assess financial results.
- Prepare educational materials to summarize new accounting guidance and provide a framework for consistent application across the organization with respect to any new accounting standards. Maintain and update internal control documentation for technical accounting matters and support internal audits of related controls.
- Coordinate and support internal and external audit processes and ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Collaborate and provide support with the General Accounting team and Project Accounting team, and assist in close related activities in technical areas, including recording journal entries and performing account reconciliations.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school) Field of Study: Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or similar field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in public accounting or
- 5+ plus years of experience in technical accounting position
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience preferred
- Experience with Workiva, Oracle Fusion, Public Accounting Experience, and Project Accounting Experience highly desired
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate matching
- Open Paid-Time-Off (PTO)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Finance
- Pay Type Salary