Lead ICM Traffic Engineer
** SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE **
The Lead ICM Traffic Engineer manages the daily operational activities of the arterial group within the FDOT District Five Integrated Corridor Management (ICM) Program, in accordance with the ICM standard operating guidelines, protocols and policies. The engineer is embedded within the RTMC and is responsible for the overall operations and functionality of the arterial roadways within the ICM program. This person will be required to make decisions pertaining to arterial operations requiring a high degree of experience and judgment and must facilitate the smooth and balanced operation of the RTMC.
What you will be doing:
Pertaining to signal operations, he/she will be required to provide services in timing plan development/refinement following traffic signal maintaining agency protocol and practice, development/refinement of special event timing plans to be implemented as part of ICM and review signal operations in ICM control sections (left turn phase warrant analyses, queue analyses, etc.). In addition:
- Assist the RTMC Manager in project management of the contract and the ICM business plan.
- Day-to-day management of the RTMC operations staff (six personnel) and resources, including problem resolution, balancing of staff activities, giving direction and incentives among staff, and developing a team atmosphere.
- Ensure that RTMC operations are conducted within the design parameters, SOGs, and DEPARTMENT policies and industry standards.
- Determine and use existing measures of effectiveness for the TMC in terms of efficiency and effectiveness in providing transportation management, traveler information and incident management. Prepare a monthly report on the performance of the system based on these measures of effectiveness.
- Oversee semi-annual update to the SOG manual to include the current status of all new ITS deployments, software system changes, DEPARTMENT policy updates, and revisions to TMC policy and industry standards.
- Responsible for the development of training materials and the quarterly updates of the training materials to conform to updates in the SOG manual. Modify training materials as necessary as a result of system and employee performance analysis.
- Facilitate operations by guiding critical ICM-Arterials/RTMC operation decisions, implementing special events response plans, guiding responses to severe events, and generating severe event/incident response reports.
- Coordinating ICM-Arterials/RTMC activities by assisting in the management of responses to disasters and high-profile special events, accommodating the data needs of special agencies and third parties, etc.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or similar degree
- PE License in the State of Florida or ability to obtain via comity
- IMSA Level III Traffic Signals or be able to obtain IMSA Level III Traffic Signals within 6 months
- Ten years of experience with developing and implementing signal timing projects
- Knowledge with Synchro and Tru-Traffic software programs and well as traffic signal controller programming
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) arterial corridors knowledge
- Must complete CJIS certification to work in RTMC
- Must be able to Pass a SLERS Background to work in RTMC
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate matching
- Open Paid-Time-Off (PTO)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Pay Type Salary