Associate Engineer [Oakland]
The Associate Engineer has responsibilities that include performing transportation planning or traffic engineering work in the development of plans, design, traffic operations, signal systems management and operations, preparation of reports, and budget estimates. Periodic coordination with public agencies and sub consultants. Apply technology to solve complex issues in transportation, work in partnership with senior engineering staff, various municipalities, including state, regional and local agencies to deliver various transportation engineering projects to improve our communities.
What you will be doing:
- Perform design and programming activities involving multiple modules or subsystems.
- Create documentation required of the product.
- Identify technology solutions for clients, define client needs and develop a plan and proposal for delivery of the project.
- Collaborate with an experienced team developing detailed design PS&E (Plans, Specifications & Estimate) projects of various scope and size utilizing CAD environments such as MicroStation, AutoCAD and SignCAD while adhering to State, County and City standards.
- Travel will be required (as needed) to assist with project related field work and client meetings.
- Involved in the planning, design, deployment, and integration of new and exciting technologies that include: DMS, CCTV Cameras, Video Detection Systems, Radar, Fiber Optic Communications, Wireless Radios and Traffic Management Centers, manage the project from inception through implementation.
- Types of projects include ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems), Wireless Communication Design, Traffic Signal Plans, Pavement Markings Plans, Signing Plans, Maintenance of Traffic / Traffic Control Plans, Quantity Calculations, Development of Engineering Cost Estimates, and Developing Special Specifications.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in transportation planning and traffic engineering
- Applies technical skills/analysis to solve problems effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Familiar with tools such as Synchro, Sim Traffic, VISSIM (multi-model traffic flow simulation software package), AutoCAD, MicroStation, SignCAD etc.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate matching
- Open Paid-Time-Off (PTO)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Systems
- Pay Type Salary