The Assistant Engineer performs traffic signal timing engineering work including analyzing data, creating calibrated traffic models, developing, implementing, and fine-tuning new signal timing parameters to meet client goals. This position utilizes state of the art tools and data sets to perform engineering work.
What you will be doing:
- Independently analyze, assess, and interpret data, conditions, and systems to plan and execute traffic signal retiming projects, covering the data collection phase through the project reporting phase
- Develop and implement strategies for improving arterial traffic flow and safety, prepare the development of system performance measurement tools, standard operating policies/procedures, deficiency reports and mitigation plans, coordinate with local agencies related to the operation and maintenance of traffic signals and arterial systems
- Use and apply engineering tools available such as TSM&O performance monitoring platforms and signal performance measures (SPM) platforms
- Interact professionally and respectfully with clients and citizens to ensure high levels of satisfaction
- Apply and Maintain knowledge of ATMS platforms, controller hardware and software, signal timing optimization software, and analysis software to ensure technical competence
- Periodically participate in coordination meetings and consults with other staff
- Closely coordinate with our department groups as needed
- Travel, as required, to participate in retiming deployments. Length of travel will depend on specific assignments and the successful completion of your responsibilities
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Engineers In Training (EIT) preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in transportation/planning or related field
- Familiar with tools such as Synchro, Sim Traffic, VISSIM (multi-model traffic flow simulation software package), AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based yearly bonus
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with immediate matching
- Open Paid-Time-Off (PTO)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Family-friendly programs
- Education assistance program
- In-house training programs
Iteris, Inc. [NASDAQ: ITI] is the world’s trusted technology ecosystem for smart mobility infrastructure management. Delivered through Iteris’ ClearMobility Platform, our cloud-enabled end-to-end solutions monitor, visualize and optimize mobility infrastructure around the world, and help bridge legacy technology silos to unlock the future of transportation. That’s why more than 10,000 public agencies and private-sector enterprises focused on mobility rely on Iteris every day. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Systems
- Pay Type Salary